The rear debadging poll

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Onikarge

Greetings. I´ve decided to debadge the KZ, however I´m not sure about the best option. The four alternatives I´m looking are:

A) Clean at all
B) To keep only the "S"
C) To keep only "Kizashi"
D) To keep the "S" plus "kizashi" (removing only the word "suzuki")

I´m aware the "kizashi" word is made by 5 individual pieces, so remove it surely woud be much easier than place it again in the future... My Kz is dark grey and I´d like to hear the opinions from the debadger fellows. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Onikarge on Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodie

A or B

I left the S on there, but I've been wondering about that decision for five years now.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
drZook

The correct answer is: A

I debadged our '10 GTS clean the night we purchased it new nearly ten years ago. Never regretted it once.

A clean SuKi tail shave is the Rx you need to cure what ails you. :ugeek:

Sincerely,
DrZook
Tom Kizzie

All or nothing. Mine has everything removed at the back. I will put everything back on it when i still have it over 20 years or so just to make it conpletely original again. At the moment its also funny to see so many people staring and dont know what they see until they see the "S" front
kizashi 6mt black
n8dogg

Take it all off...leave others guessing...it's so much fun!
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
KuroNekko

Old poll, but here's my opinion: Don't mess with anything.
I personally hate debadging on any cars. It makes the car look either of two things:
A) You got into an accident and took it to a cheap body shop that couldn't even bother to replace your badges after the repair/repaint.
B) You car is a cheap knock-off that rips the styling of major brands. There are plenty in places like China.

While many have complained that the Kizashi has excessive badging with the "S", the "Suzuki", and the "Kizashi", it's really not too bad. Go look at a Toyota. You will see the T emblem, the "Toyota", the model name, and even the trim like "SE" or "Limited".

I also think debadging is a bad idea for resale value. If you want to sell your car in the future, I suggest you keep and replace the badges, especially for a trade-in or sale to a used car dealer like CarMax.

If I had to make a choice out of the OP's list, it would be D, but E (leave it alone) is my choice. Complete opinion, of course.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SAEED_KIZZY

KuroNekko wrote:Old poll, but here's my opinion: Don't mess with anything.
exactly also more badging like this not a bad idea(in my opinion) ;) ;)
photo_2019-10-22_10-15-08.jpg
photo_2019-10-22_10-15-08.jpg (37.24 KiB) Viewed 15508 times
photo_2019-10-22_10-15-15.jpg
photo_2019-10-22_10-15-15.jpg (67.97 KiB) Viewed 15508 times
Onikarge

Finally I was conservative and chose the D option or the nice Kizashi Echocharger Hybrid concept mode.

And finally I´m glad i didnt choose another option cause (I forgot this) the more badges you take the more brand new car should be: after taking off the suzuki badge it remains one suzuki paint shadow template, practically invisible... unless someone approach it the distance of one step: not ugly at all but not really clean either.

On the other hand I think debadging a (new) car and removing all or part of the rear chrome in a world of extensive and shiny rear publicity and specs is not a bad idea, however I think that mod probably is best suited with known and popular brands/models like a fine and very easy way to make your car more special and strange (like the opposite mod by putting rarer suzuki emblems too), the fact is that, with or without chrome, kizashis are really special and unicorn cars simply by themselves.
AirRideFan

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:49 am

That's SWEET! Where/How did you get the projection of the LOGO on the ground for the Kizashi ? That is really cool.
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
SAEED_KIZZY

AirRideFan wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:18 am
SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:49 am

That's SWEET! Where/How did you get the projection of the LOGO on the ground for the Kizashi ? That is really cool.
nothing special bought from the local part store I guess it called welcome light for Suzuki.