Amazon basics synthetic motor oil!

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
KuroNekko

LPSISRL wrote: Been running the Super Tech synthetic for I don't know how long. Never had an issue. I'm in the gang that thinks if use a quality filter and change the oil every 5k miles, the oil is not going to make a hill of beans worth of difference.
I agree that the Kizashi isn't a vehicle where specific motor oil is going to matter very much. It doesn't have a performance engine with forced induction or oil-sensitive technologies. That being said, I plan to drive my car a while and want to use some quality synthetic motor oil without overpaying. My concern with Mobil 1 in the Kizashi has always been the greater burn-off compared to rival synthetics. Other Kizashi owners have noticed it too. I'm glad that Warren synthetics available as Super Tech, Amazon, and Kirkland Signature seem to hold up better against burn-off. I'm definitely making the permanent switch to Kirkland Signature.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
otaku19

I've also noticed burnoff from Mobil 1. I will definitely give the Super Tech a go when I change my oil
KuroNekko

I've put about 3,500 miles on the Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic. Just checked the oil and it was about .6 qts below the top notch of the dipstick where it was at the oil change. Definitely some burn-off like Mobil 1. However, in the last 2 years, I moved to a location about 1 mile from my work and most of my driving has been short distances. I drive my Kizashi for work (not only to commute) and the pandemic has significantly reduced that for 2020. It might be that my frequent short trips are causing greater oil burn-off though at 100K now, I have to consider the possibility of engine age and wear though less likely.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)