Intake/Catback ordered

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Northernstar

thnx for sharing Rob. Guess intake and exhaust isn't as good as RRM has claimed. Hope they will solve your issues once got hold of them. guess i will have to reconsider purchasing from them too. cheers
nytq

Have to say, I found the same issues when I installed the intake. Things just didn't line up. I finally did some customizing of the rubber sleeve and got it to fit and look right. But it's still just not designed right. The filter actually hits a part of the tranny housing. No big deal, but definitely damages the filter after time. Also the quality of their products just don't line up with the costs. My first intake broke at the support arm after 6 months. Although they did replace it with very little effort on my part at no charge. The newer polished aluminum model is holding so far.

I also opted for a custom cat back at a local performance shop. Price was better, done locally by experienced guys. Also like my dual piping right off the muffler much better then RRM's single out design. I'ts pretty in the polished chrome like finish even though you can barely see any of it, but not worth the price, and I'm not convinced on their quality.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Hazardous

Sorry to drag an old topic up, but I was wondering how these parts are holding up 18 months down the track?

Any signs of the muffler failing? Cracked welds etc....

And did the (very agricultural looking) time attack brace do anything other than aid in exhaust clearance?

A quick google images search on RRM parts brings up alot of what I consider to be sub-par welds and oddball designs.

Example. Cold looking, non-uniform weld down the centre of the part, and heavily undercut welds around the mounting sockets.

And while I'm on the subject, RRM product descriptions are also very vague, and lack information such as material and design path choices, test data (dyno sheets, strength gains etc) which makes it harder for me to justify spending hard earned cash on seemingly unproven products. :?

Maybe some of you guys can shed some light on this for me.
2010 Kizashi XLS
2013 Grand Vitara Prestige
1998 Vitara SWB 2.0L
1987 Samurai LWB flat bed
murcod

Here's one of their Kizashi exhausts next to a stock system:

Check out a crop picture of the LHS rear section:
RRM crop.jpg
RRM crop.jpg (8.71 KiB) Viewed 6357 times
Either it's an optical illusion or that section has been crushed to clear something (the sway bar perhaps- as mentioned earlier in the thread?)

Perhaps that's an early design given it's either chromed or stainless?

Here's another pic from their website:

The pipe diameter appears the same (not necessarily a bad thing) and two mufflers have been deleted (which happen to be the most expensive components of an exhaust system......)

It's hard to say what the weld quality is like from that picture, but the general design seems to be maximised towards profits?

I know a lot of people on here have had the RRM intakes break.
David
puckaveli

Looking at I would bet it is not stainless and will rust out in a few years if it sees frequent rain/snow. I would just get Borla and be done with it.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2013 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2006 Kawaski 636
murcod

Borla stopped production a while back. There might be some sitting in stores?
David
Woodie

Mine is absolutely stainless and doesn't have that crushed portion.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
SamirD

murcod wrote:Borla stopped production a while back. There might be some sitting in stores?
I'm sure there would be. I could find the Greddy SP2 for my 94 Accord until just recently. :( I'm sure there's some supply out there even if out of production. I'm sure Borla did a minimum production run that was well in excess of what they thought they would sell.
murcod

Woodie wrote:Mine is absolutely stainless and doesn't have that crushed portion.
Are you sure it's stainless- as their site says:
It now features all nickel chromium plating for a glossy chrome like finish and to withstand the elements.
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/in ... cts_id=641
David
murcod

SamirD wrote:
murcod wrote:Borla stopped production a while back. There might be some sitting in stores?
I'm sure there would be. I could find the Greddy SP2 for my 94 Accord until just recently. :( I'm sure there's some supply out there even if out of production. I'm sure Borla did a minimum production run that was well in excess of what they thought they would sell.
But Accords are just a little bit more common than Kizashi's (and probably a lot more likely to be modified.) ;)

I don't think anyone on here has ever mentioned actually having the Borla exhaust on their Kizashi?
David