K&N Filters Now Avalible for Kizashi

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
NJKizashi

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. You are registered to receive notification about products for your vehicle.

This email was sent automatically to inform you of available products that might fit this application. Listed below are the current K&N products for a 2010 SUZUKI KIZASHI 2.4L. We believe this is the best match of our data to your request for a 2010 SUZUKI KIZASHI 2.4 (4). Please review the full application description including comments to ensure that the product will fit your vehicle.

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description
2010 KIZASHI 2.4L L4 F/I All Air Filter 33-2441 NEW! Replacement Air Filter
2010 KIZASHI 2.4L L4 F/I All Oil Filter HP-1003 Oil Filter
gaww

NJKizashi wrote:Thank you for your interest in K&N products. You are registered to receive notification about products for your vehicle.

This email was sent automatically to inform you of available products that might fit this application. Listed below are the current K&N products for a 2010 SUZUKI KIZASHI 2.4L. We believe this is the best match of our data to your request for a 2010 SUZUKI KIZASHI 2.4 (4). Please review the full application description including comments to ensure that the product will fit your vehicle.

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description
2010 KIZASHI 2.4L L4 F/I All Air Filter 33-2441 NEW! Replacement Air Filter
2010 KIZASHI 2.4L L4 F/I All Oil Filter HP-1003 Oil Filter
Nice going NJKizashi - going to see if my local Kragen has one of the air filters yet. I was going to get the SX4 KN oil filter, but held off, as the dealer would not have installed it on my "free" oil change - only OEM. I brought my own Castrol EDGE 5-30. I let them do it, as i did not have to deal with the heat shield or the under engine cover this time.

I was given a Bosch premium filter free along with the oil - it was a special on the Castrol - will use it next time and then switch to the KN oil filters down the road.
Flyby

Aftermarket air filters allow a greater volume of air to enter the engine because they are usually less restrictive than the OEM air filter. On the surface this is a good thing. More air can mean more power at best. Then there's the cool sound of hearing the air rushing into the engine. Nice sound effects. It's all good as long as you know the MAF sensor will correctly detect the additional air charge, and if need be adjust the fuel supply to prevent a lean condition (perhaps leading to a fried piston). I'm not trying to scare anyone away from using aftermarket free-flow air filters. The Kizzie runs on 87 octane with a compression ratio of 10.0:1 That's not too very high (but higher than most turbos run and that's with premium fuel). But might engines that run at that higher CR fitted with such a filter, also require at least a slight bump in octane requirement? If nothing else, maybe K&N could release test data for that new filter for the Kizzie or answer that question? I'm asking because I don't know about the Kizzie. I can say this: For my turbocharged WRX when guys started adding CAIs (cold air intakes that had free-flow air filters on them) they ran into CELs for lean conditions. ( They were really free-flowing!) The usual fix was to tune the car to the intake, effectively adding fuel where needed to prevent lean-burn. Some CAIs were pre-tested for the car, and some were not. Not all types threw a CEL. But that's a turbo application. It may not apply to a normally aspirated engine. But it might, depending. Just try to be sure that what you're getting can be easily handled by your car, or that you know of any special instructions/requirements that go with any free-flow filter you might use. I know. I take the "J" out of joy. :cry:
Flyby out
Drive that thing or pull over! (Either common sense ain't all that common, or it ain't what it's cracked up to be)
Moto
Site Admin

Suzuki tends to run all their cars rich sock. I don't think you'll have any trouble. The Road//Race piggy leans the car out. I'm not sure I would combine the piggy with a high flow air filter, but I know lots of people do it on the SX4 with no trouble.

I personally wouldn't be worried about a drop in K&N replacement.
gaww

Moto wrote:Suzuki tends to run all their cars rich sock. I don't think you'll have any trouble. The Road//Race piggy leans the car out. I'm not sure I would combine the piggy with a high flow air filter, but I know lots of people do it on the SX4 with no trouble.

I personally wouldn't be worried about a drop in K&N replacement.
I would not be concerned either - am going to try to find one.

As for lean burn problems, I am staying away from RRM piggyback for now due to problems that others have had with similar devices from them ($400 dollar paperweight). It also is supposed to really lean it out, whcih would be expected to increas milage, but not power.

On your turbo, if it is pressure limited, intake restrictions should not be much of an issue, as you are pulling air through with the blower. So putting on a CAI for a turbo should not be necessary.

Now you are injecting 6-8 pounds pressure to the just below 14 pounds at sea level in the normally aspirated engine (below due to timing and resistance), and the result is a LOT more pressure in the cylinder at the top of the stroke. That is why the compression ratios on some OEM turbo engines are not as high as 10:1.

If you put one on the Kizashi - plus the intake and the piggy - you should be real careful to test it out before you really drive it hard. The old pull and read a plug test is a good early read on how lean and hot the burn is. I believe the RRM piggy is computer programmable, but you would probably need a good performance shop to tune it right.
Flyby

Actually it's true that a CAI on a stock turbo isn't really necessary. At least that's my opinion. It so happens that I've read that the stock airbox on Subaru's 2.0 liter turbo can flow enough air to support 400hp. But it's not as "cool" as having a CAI. But know that a cooler air charge means denser air, which means more oxygen for the combustion process. This is true for both boosted and N/A engines. You've noticed the extra punch on a cool day with an N/A engine. As for being pressure-limited, I think you may mean "boost-limited". That stock engine is electronically boost limited to 13 pounds of boost, iirc. The stock turbo can actually produce a few more pounds of boost before it's only pumping hot air into the cylinders (BOOM!!!!). Also turbos run rich too, partially to avoid detonation from lean-running conditions. That's also why a lot of turbos run on premium gas, as well as a lower compression ratio. It will have a charge of air that is under more pressure than a N/A engine. Oh, and intake restrictions are an issue with any sort of engine. People have been porting big V8 intakes and such for ages. An engine "wants" a smooth airflow at the intake side to produce the most efficient power. Now a restrictive airflow can simply be the ridges of the intake hose or sharp angles; anything other than a smooth less restrictive path. Again, a smooth cool intake charge is preferable for any 4-cycle gas engine. Even if a turbo has an intercooler, (for good reason) it still works best with s smooth cooler intake charge.
At least that's how I understand it.
Flyby out
Drive that thing or pull over! (Either common sense ain't all that common, or it ain't what it's cracked up to be)
gaww

Question on the CAI's like RRM's.

While they are bigger and less restrictive, it looks like they pick up their air in the hot engine compartment and not outside cooler air like the stock intake (which is pretty narrow in spots and goes around more bends). If that is the case, with the trade-off of better flow vs. higher intake temps - do you think still a worthwhile gain?

I asked about Dyno results from RRM (a poster here had said he was told they had them), but the response was evasive - so i have held off.
GTSKIZ

HIi guys, found this out there and I ordered one. Best price I could find.

http://filtersandintakes.com/catalog/24 ... -4785.html
Last edited by GTSKIZ on Sat May 15, 2010 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
NJKizashi

Just ordered mine today... ;)
Hawkzilla

I saw this filter is rather pricey. Can anyone with extensive car knowledge tell me what kind of a HP gain I would be looking at? Are we talking 7hp or over 10hp? Thanks!
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic