Kizashi gaz Mileage(only AWD please) with a Full gaz tank

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
hitorx

Hello, I was wondering mileage people are doing with a full gaz tank. For my
AWD fuel saver car(joke), it is very hard to reach 312.5 miles(500 kilometers) even if I drive drive gently. Between 265 and 300 miles for me for a gaz tank like that, it is a big disappointment (and this car have no acceleration). Can
anyone can tell me if Accord, Camry, Altima, Malibu, Sonata and other cars are disappointing as much as the Kizashi AWD. My mileage is about half highway(57-65MPH cruising speed) and city(accelerating slowly).

Thank you
kizashigal

I get on average about 400 miles a tank using regular gas (85 octane at altitude) I could go about 450 to empty, but I fillup pretty soon after the light comes on. I drive about 70% highway averaging about 70 mph.
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
Blackbelt

I also get around 400 miles per tank.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
Juan

same here - 400 miles per tank at which point I fill up and put in 15 gallons.
NiteRider

I've tried many times to drive gently and reach 400 miles but I can never get it there. You guys must have no hills around you.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
kizashigal

I live in Colorado, so we call them mountains ;)
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
Juan

Im in CT, the last 3 miles to my house is all hill - uphill that is, also 3 long hills going to work on the highway...
Northernstar

never filled up the whole tank.....usually put in around 30L each time
ipaqxman

Hitorx... Jus want to let u know ur not the only one...
Im often gettin below 20s... My full tank usually lasts around 275. Sounds like I drive similar way as u. Suburban traffic lights, not traffic jams, but even normal stop and go drop my mpg a lot. This is mixed with some highway driving. Occasionally on roadtrips my display was at 32mpg and the tank barely dropped a notch after traveling more than 100 miles, cruisimg at 65 to 70, so seems highway is ok, but once i get into local... Its goes right back down. Its frustrating but ur not the only one.

I either have a lemon, or these ppl gettin 400 miles per tank are driving signifant more highway on their daily commute. I live at work so I only use the car for short distance grocery shopping, not exactly good for the car either.
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
Blackbelt

NiteRider wrote:I've tried many times to drive gently and reach 400 miles but I can never get it there. You guys must have no hills around you.
I live north of Pittsburgh. Plenty of hills here, including my driveway. One key to maximizing mileage with hills is to NOT try to maintain full speed all the way up the hill. Eases off the gas slightly, let the speed drop some. Example: If you are driving 50 iun a 45 zone(normal for most people) and encounter a hill, let your speed drop down to 40 by the time you crest that hill. Trust me, it can make a pretty big difference in your overall economy.
If i try, i can get my mileage into the mid 30's on my morning commute, which is about 70% highway. However, to do that i have to stay in the right lane and drive at or near the posted speed limit(65 dropping to 55), and drop MPH on the hills.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD