Kizashi gaz Mileage(only AWD please) with a Full gaz tank

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Remav

Now about 170 mi into the tank. I'm down to 27.2 @ 23 MPH. ...It's been wet & rainy so I'm not surprised that it has dropped a bit.
Image2011 Sport SLS Navi AWD, White Water Pearl ...in Beautiful Colorado
Remav

Winding down. Now at 333.3 mi. 27.4 mpg. Also still lots of wetness, but have had a couple longer trips that brought it up a bit, but not long enough to move the 23 mph av. I noticed my speedometer registers about 2 mph slower @60 mph vs android/gps app. Have not checked the Odometer for accuracy, but I am on brand new tires for the entire tank. Still have been driving very easy on this tank.
Remav

Final Tally: Regular Costco (85) running at 6000+ ft. Kizashi says 27.9 mpg, calculator says 27.0
Had some 20 miles of freeway use that gave me the bounce. Display says 24mph av, but saw 25 in the last few miles so closer to that (unless they programmed logic to round up?) Low fuel light on at 375 mi. Pump clicked off at 14.0 gal, & "stuffed" to 14.6. 379 miles at fill. I left that on Trip B so I can continue checking, but really no surprises here. Was hoping to break 30, but I just don't think that's going to happen in town. Wet weather took a bit of a toll & I know my air filter is so-so. ...so maybe I still have a chance. :o)
Woodie

Good news is, you had lots of gas left. At least two gallons, maybe two and a half.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
ipaqxman

Remav wrote:Final Tally: Regular Costco (85) running at 6000+ ft. Kizashi says 27.9 mpg, calculator says 27.0
Had some 20 miles of freeway use that gave me the bounce. Display says 24mph av, but saw 25 in the last few miles so closer to that (unless they programmed logic to round up?) Low fuel light on at 375 mi. Pump clicked off at 14.0 gal, & "stuffed" to 14.6. 379 miles at fill. I left that on Trip B so I can continue checking, but really no surprises here. Was hoping to break 30, but I just don't think that's going to happen in town. Wet weather took a bit of a toll & I know my air filter is so-so. ...so maybe I still have a chance. :o)
The 24mph average, was that manually reset since the last fill-up or is that an average since you bought the car?
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
Remav

ipaqxman wrote:
The 24mph average, was that manually reset since the last fill-up or is that an average since you bought the car?

I reset with each fill.
Remav

Had my 1st long trip, Colorado Springs to Rifle, CO & back (591 mi) over the weekend so figured I'd post those stats: Going there was Me, She, & a trunkload of her kid's belongings. About 600 lbs (...and "No" I'm not going to say how that was split up between the 3 items mentioned! :) ) 321 miles @ full speed (which may or many not have been held constant at least 5mph above posted, so IF then about 1/2 at 70+ & 1/2 at 80+) which goes straight through the rockies (Vail etc) so huge mountain passes around 10K ft. lots of up & down. Stuffed with 11.28 gal calculates to 28.5 mpg. Car said 30.2 mpg on the display.

Trip Back by myself & an empty trunk was more direct and fewer stops along the way. 269 mi. 59 mph average. Stuffed again at 8.87 gal. Calculates to 30.32 mpg & display said 31.2 mpg. same speeds.
Engineer60

Just completed a run of 262 miles.

Tire pressures 38 psi, AWD and A/C on as always.

A full tank of Tesco 95 RON fuel 5% ethanol.

Weather was dry with 16c – 23c ambient temps.

First day 115 miles to a south coast destination from E London 2 persons on board overnight bag.

Second day 147 miles back to E London 4 persons on board boot fully loaded via airport to drop off the additional passengers and their luggage (102 miles fully loaded 45 miles lightly loaded).

Instantaneous mph readings varied considerably due to driving in towns on major roads and on 50 mph variable speed limit sections and very clear open sections on the motorways used, but trying to make fast and safe progress both ways was on the agenda.

Destination 115 miles, average speed 56 mph, average mpg 37.8.

I didn’t reset the trips for the return journey and the overall average speed ended up at 53 mph and the overall mpg 38.

:D
“If you see a gap and don't go for it, you are no longer a racing driver”
Ronzuki

All I can say is the fuel over there must be a helluva lot better quality than the crap I burn here. Under no conditions was I ever able to achieve that kind of mpg number. (down hill for 100 miles of 250 maybe).
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Sluggo

For the first year I owned my Kizashi I recorded every fill-up and calculated my mpg.
My average for the year was 23.7 mpg with an average speed of 36 mph.

After that first year I just started putting gas I when it was empty and didn't pay any attention to my gas mileage.

Now it is just fill with gas and drive. :drive: I'm much happier now! ;)