Road Race Motorsports bolt on turbo kit for the kizashi

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Moto
Site Admin

Good News!

It appears as though their will likely be a bolt on turbo kit for the kizashi. The same company that developed the first bolt on turbo for the SX4 is working with Suzuki on the kizashi, and they promise to release pictures on the 16th of October. I'm not so sure they will have a turbo cooked up yet, but it is hard to say since they already have access to the car.

I'll probably post the pictures here as soon as they release them.
SuzukiNinja

Sweet good to know that there will probably be a KizashiT in the works. That should help the power hungry people get what they want. I hope they can keep the price down though. I think the one for the SX4 is about $4000.
manualisbetter

a bolt-on is illegal in my country... good one for you guys ;)
mcmuda

I really like RRM's efforts..they're supporting a brand that is not as popular as Honda or Toyota.

I barely see any modded SX4's..if any. I'm the only one that *looks* modded. hahaa

Great to see a Kizashi forum! :D
'08 SX4 Sport - H&R Sports, UR 4 point brace, sprayed wheels black, RallyArmor flaps -
'95 Integra SE sedan
'11 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
'10 Kizashi GTS AWD -Coming soon-
http://mudsyed.wordpress.com/
PunkSmurph

Hey guys, so I will be at Road///Race open house tomorrow. I will get an interview with Rob Tallini the owner and ask any questions you guys might have. I will do my best to check back here before the interview and will for sure ask about the possibility of a turbo.
Moto
Site Admin

Sounds great. Hopefully they will do a turbo kit. If they do will they make one that fits the AWD CVT version of the car? (I suppose it will all depend on how many car suzuki sells)

A CVT might not get along with a turbo. I have not seen a turbo any other 4 cylinder cars with a CVT. It might be too much for the transmission to take.

On the other hand the Maxima, kicks out about 290 hp and it has a CVT. It will really depend on how much suzuki over engineered the CVT transmission.

Too bad they didn't offer AWD with the manual, but that will be a topic for another day and another forum.
nell_z

^^^A CVT is used for GM truck hybrids, so I highly doubt a CVT cant take a turbo. Besides, if you have to drive fast, use the paddles. Thats what i'll do.
PunkSmurph

The bad news is no turbo right for now. If there is a good demand for it then it will happen, but without any idea how the car will sell it does not make good sense at this point. In the future it could happen, I got RRM to make a turbo kit for the automatic, just give them a chance.

As far as parts go, if you see it on the Kizashi Platinum, you can buy it. I believe there is only one custom part on the car, but it may still get produced if you are looking to recreate the Platinum.
kizashiman

yep, according to http://autoten.com it's no turbo now but there will be 3.6L V6 in the near future.
angelmargret

thanks for sharing all your views :)

Custom Made Exhaust Systems