Short Write-up on the Trubo Kizashi

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Moto
Site Admin

Ed Piotrowski wrote: Hot Lap: Suzuki Kizashi Turbo Concept
by Ed Piotrowski

Suzuki Kizashi Turbo Concept
The Suzuki Kizashi Turbo Concept is a specially modified version of that automaker's midsize car. Click here to see pictures of the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi.

It's not often, even as an automotive journalist, that one gets the opportunity to drive a concept car. Now in this case, the concept was not as radical as what you might see at your local auto show. Rather, it was an opportunity for a manufacturer to gauge media reaction to a vehicle that could, realistically, see production in the near future.

The folks from Suzuki brought a high-power version of the Kizashi midsize sedan for us to take for a spin around the legendary Road America racetrack. Based on this short preview drive, we have two words for Suzuki's project managers: Build it.

Suzuki tapped Road Race Motorsports, an aftermarket performance-parts supplier, to transform the Kizashi from mundane to monster. The stock car was a front-wheel drive Kizashi GTS. To its standard 185-horsepower 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine, Road Race bolted a turbocharger, intercooler, custom air intake, and other go-fast bits. This treatment bumped horsepower up to a reported 290. The transmission, a 6-speed manual, was pretty much left alone.
More Information

To keep the car on the track, Road Race outfitted the Kizashi Turbo with 19-inch performance tires (up from the stock car's 18s), specific springs, and a rear spoiler. These tire and suspension tweaks actually will make their way into production as part of the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport.

CG Says:

In standard form, Kizashi impresses for its nimble handling, pleasant ride, urbane cabin appointments, and high level of features for the money. This turbo variant addresses (in a big way) our concern about the car's engine performance. It goes from pokey to potent.

Power delivery is smoother than you might think, but some turbo lag is noticeable. The transmission is a highlight. Though its throws are a touch long, the shifter is a delight to row, and the clutch engages with precision. The powertrain, combined with the enhanced suspension and Dunlop-brand 19-inch treads, made the Kizashi Turbo fun to slam down the straightaways and toss around Road America's tight turns.

Kizashi Turbo ups the fun-to-drive factor by orders of magnitude over the stock car. If Road Race can smooth out the exhaust note a bit (it sounded a bit too boy-racer for our liking), and if the conversion isn't too costly, Suzuki has a very credible sport sedan in the making.
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks. ... oncept.htm
lookin

For all those who need speed and h/p there it is im sure suzuki will take of you but everyone dont need this i sure dont quite happy as is great posting ... So get your turbo speed demons
TheHolyGhost

290? Wow!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
uforaverwill

TheHolyGhost wrote:290? Wow!
I am shocked also
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
TheHolyGhost

I wonder how much boost they're running. It also sounds like it's on stock internals. This must be a well built engine.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
gaww

290 - maybe. RRM has been panned in other forums for fluffing up performance gains (they have, but will not make available dyno results), and some things like the ECU's not working at all. There sure is a big gain with the turbo, but there is a lot of downside potential from a non-factory OEM turbo.

I would be happy with just 20 (which is about the loss up here at 2200 feet).
lookin

From what im hearing suzuki may offer turbo install for current owners that will keep warranty intact but at a price $3000 ...you speedsters must be happy .. When you take off i will be right behind you at the light.. Lol... Any kizashi i see speeding in nyc streets will get a ticket.. Lol....this probably will be available in the sport .. Is it trade in time?
gaww

This car was not meant to go from light-to-light. I go from S curve to S curve in the Blue Ridge mountains and Smokes and avoid the few congested main roads whenever possible. I may post a video of the road I take back from the "market" (a few of them) to my house. A couple of left curves are so tight and long that you have to steer by initially looking out the left driver's window.

Find some hilly, curvy roads over in Northern NJ or upper Westchester and turn it loose.
lookin

So i guess everybody who owns or think about owning a kizashi should not live in the city and only drive on s curbs ... If you under 19 i understand if you not you need help somebody help this man mod his kizashi and take him to the track... By the way suzuki wouldnt like that statement they want everybody to buy their car and average driver is the daily commuter who just want a nice car ...
TheHolyGhost

I think that he was just pointing out that you don't need to go fast to have fun with the car and see that it is a strong performer. Just because it's not lightning quick doesn't mean it's just another commuter.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES