Avoid ethanol belnd fuel

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
murcod

fjroman2 wrote:You are also driving the manual with about 300 less pounds on it...I think if I was on the highway for a similar trip, I would probably do 30 from full to empty.
I was watching a Myth Busters episode the other night where they were testing if golf ball dimples on a car would improve the aerodynamics/ fuel economy. They decided the best way to do the "dimples" was via a layer of clay over the bodywork (1000 pounds extra weight from memory!)

So they did the "before" economy test, then tested with the clay layer and then with the dimpled clay. The first run (1000 pounds lighter with no clay) gave exactly the same economy as the second run with the 1000 pounds of clay :shock: The reason was they were testing at a constant speed and not doing acceleration tests- where the weight would have more effect. It was interesting to see that the weight at a constant speed made no discernible difference (they were also using a flat track.)

PS: The "dimples" did actually improve the economy by 11% :o
David
KuroNekko

murcod wrote:
I recall a former member here from Louisiana who got his Kizashi totaled by his insurance after severe hail damage. Maybe he should have kept the car and seen better fuel economy?
:lol:
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
fjroman2

murcod wrote:
fjroman2 wrote:You are also driving the manual with about 300 less pounds on it...I think if I was on the highway for a similar trip, I would probably do 30 from full to empty.
I was watching a Myth Busters episode the other night where they were testing if golf ball dimples on a car would improve the aerodynamics/ fuel economy. They decided the best way to do the "dimples" was via a layer of clay over the bodywork (1000 pounds extra weight from memory!)

So they did the "before" economy test, then tested with the clay layer and then with the dimpled clay. The first run (1000 pounds lighter with no clay) gave exactly the same economy as the second run with the 1000 pounds of clay :shock: The reason was they were testing at a constant speed and not doing acceleration tests- where the weight would have more effect. It was interesting to see that the weight at a constant speed made no discernible difference (they were also using a flat track.)

Very interesting! I have said it for a while now...but I think if I lived out in the middle of the country, I would have great mileage in the Kizashi. Unfortunately, the hills in the Northeast are the biggest issue with my mileage. I am not sure if it is the added weight combined with the hills or what...but I think this car does much better on flat roads (probably like most cars...eh?).
2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD - Premium Silver
Priors:
2007 Mazda 3S GTS
2004 VW Passat
1997 Nissan Pathfinder
2013 Honda Pilot (wife's vehicle)
bootymac

murcod wrote: