Avoid ethanol belnd fuel

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
coref1

Yeah, but we have a HELLUVA lot more corn!
Yeah but what you gonna eat if you turn it all into ethanol? :drive:
BxKizashiS

Oh, i always get regular, so i should stay away from that and go 1 step up
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
KuroNekko

BxKizashiS wrote:Oh, i always get regular, so i should stay away from that and go 1 step up
It's in all octane ratings from what I can tell. To get ethanol-free gasoline, you need to seek a gas station that deliberately offers it. Most gas you see in the US, regardless of octane rating, has an ethanol blend of about 10%.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Plus the main detriment to ethanol blends is reduced fuel efficiency. The higher cost of ethanol free gasoline might offset any savings from increased mileage
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:Plus the main detriment to ethanol blends is reduced fuel efficiency. The higher cost of ethanol free gasoline might offset any savings from increased mileage
Yup. Ethanol in fuel is all for the farmers so they can make more money from their rather worthless crop. I love corn and think it's tasty and all, but I don't like the idea of farmers getting lobbyists to pass laws and force ethanol on the populace just so they make more money. Both these farmers and oil companies have their profit-minded agendas and spew a lot of propaganda claiming their product is better than the other.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

I concur completely. It bothers me especially when lobbyists and campaign funders derail technology developments that threaten their bottom lines.
honsonwong

bootymac wrote:Plus the main detriment to ethanol blends is reduced fuel efficiency. The higher cost of ethanol free gasoline might offset any savings from increased mileage
I used Shell V-power for about 4 months, the cost of V-power and the regular (octane 87) was about 11% more, but the mileage was only 6-7% increase. So, I remain using the regular now.
SamirD

~tc~ wrote:Yeah, but we have a HELLUVA lot more corn!
LOL! And lobbyists! :evil:
SamirD

coref1 wrote:
Yeah, but we have a HELLUVA lot more corn!
Yeah but what you gonna eat if you turn it all into ethanol? :drive:
Imported Angus beef. :lol:
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:Both these farmers and oil companies have their profit-minded agendas and spew a lot of propaganda claiming their product is better than the other.
Big business means a lot of power and profits. And guess what happens when the profits are threatened? Power play. :evil:

I almost thing that the term lobbyist is such a sugar coat on what is essentially a paid ass-kisser and smoozer con-man. Seems like they're even below the used-car salesman since they just follow the money.