Comparison: Honda Civic Si vs Kizashi Sport GTS vs Jetta GLI

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
krell

Found this on that Vortex.com forum.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... -Jetta-GLI
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
KuroNekko

I've read this before.
It's actually quite a bizarre comparison. They compared a turbocharged compact (Jetta GLI) to a Normally Aspirated sports compact (Honda Civic Si) to a Normally Aspirated midsize (Kizashi Sport GTS).
Maybe it's to show you what you can get in roughly the same money, but the cars are rather different in my opinion, both in performance and refinement.

Also, if you think the Kizashi is not holding up well in terms of reliability, you have not owned a VW. They are by far the worst major automaker in reliability. Their interior quality is now garbage and it shows over time. Plastics scratch and break easily. The headlining peels. Electronics are finicky. Not making this up. My dad drives a top trim Jetta TDI.

The Si is nice, but I wouldn't go for one if I sought comfort and refinement. It's really a performance-oriented Civic. Frugal yet fun, it's a great sports compact, but can't keep up with the turbos (WRX, Evo, MS3, Focus ST, GTI).

No surprise that the Kizashi is the slowest and ranked last, but it's a midsize car (albeit a small one) with midsize car refinement. It's quieter and smoother than the Jetta and Civic. I'd actually compare it with the Passat and Accord more than these compacts for the purpose it serves.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

I sell new Hondas; my car is a Kizashi.

It's a car I wish Honda had.....
~tc~

The comments about the handling are ... Unique ... Every other review, and my experience, differ 180 degrees

Posted from tapatalk
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
krell

Was gonna get a Passat i spend almost the entire day at the VW dealer for them to make a good deal anyway the horror stories that i heard from other VW owners it was so easy for me to walk away.
KuroNekko

krell wrote:Was gonna get a Passat i spend almost the entire day at the VW dealer for them to make a good deal anyway the horror stories that i heard from other VW owners it was so easy for me to walk away.
Honestly, if I was in the market for a car like that, I'd check out the new Chevy Impala. It's very impressive. The new Avalon is ugly on the exterior, but the interior is quite nice and it's one of the most reliable cars out there.

The only VWs worth getting are the versions with TDI engines and the GTI.
krell

The Kizashi gonna stay with me for now i test drive a few models over the weekend forget they not in the class of the Kizashi..they all got one thing in common.. cheap interior interior ..
KuroNekko

krell wrote:The Kizashi gonna stay with me for now i test drive a few models over the weekend forget they not in the class of the Kizashi..they all got one thing in common.. cheap interior interior ..
Which ones did you drive? I personally think you need to check out at least a reputable midsize like the Honda Accord to even come close to the Kizashi's interior refinement. The Kizashi has borderline entry-level luxury interior quality.
Suzuki even ventured to do the following at auto shows to prove it:

krell

Altima, Sonata and the Cruze
KuroNekko

krell wrote:Altima, Sonata and the Cruze
Check out the new Mazda6 and the new Accord. Both are rather nice inside. Even the new Mazda3 is impressive. I've sat in all of them recently as the Washington Auto Show is in town.
The Subaru Legacy's interior is not as fancy, but it's well designed and the car is comfortable.
I'd also check out the Ford Fusion and the Chevy Malibu. I consider the Cruze a tier below the Kizashi and the Malibu to be a better rival.