High performance ignition coil for the Kizashi

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
amarlondis

I have a 1996 Acura Integra LS and I bought a Accel super coil and it works great. I recently bought a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS and i want a little pep to the acceleration like my Acura Integra. I'm looking for a High performance super ignition coil for the Suzuki Kizashi, so I try Accel, MSD, Okada, etc and no luck. Any suggestions?
Woodie

I think your Acura had a single ignition coil and a distributor which sent the spark to each cylinder at the correct time. Your Kizashi (and anything else made today) has a separate ignition coil for each cylinder, they're mounted directly on top of the spark plugs.

The days of a stronger ignition coil actually helping in any way are long gone. Electronic ignition and computer controlled fuel injection systems have pretty much done away with this.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
amarlondis

Thanks I appreciate it, hopefully there would be more option in after market parts for the Kizashi.
KuroNekko

I agree with Woodie. The days of fancy coils, distributors, and spark plug wires are gone. These days, the coil-on-plug from the factory is more than enough and they last longer. Spark plugs also last longer as many OEM plugs are iridium or at least platinum.

I have yet to even find aftermarket, high performance coil-on-plug sets. Not that I've looked.
amarlondis wrote:Thanks I appreciate it, hopefully there would be more option in after market parts for the Kizashi.
Sorry to break it to you, but you got the wrong car for tuning, my friend.
The very few companies that did make aftermarket parts for the car have stopped production for the Kizashi due to Suzuki's exodus from North America. The JDM Kizashi tuning scene is...*crickets* last time I checked.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

RRM has a bunch of performance parts but you won't gain much, if any. Car and Driver installed them on their manual Kizashi and here's their take:
Road Race has a small parts catalog for the Kizashi, including a thicker rear anti-roll bar ($239), a lightweight crank pulley for faster rev-up ($139), a cold-air intake ($259), a computer “fuel calibrator” that helps pull a few more horsepower out of the Kizashi’s conservative fuel/air map ($429), and a catty cat-back exhaust ($649) that eliminates the rear silencers. We said, “Yes, please” to everything.

While the formerly innocuous exhaust note became a chain-saw yowl of rice-burner badness, measured launch time to 60 mph remained the same 7.5 seconds as when we first tested our Kizashi in stock form. We did see some top-end improvement, however, with a 0-to-100-mph time cut by 0.8 second to 21.5 seconds (all aftermarket parts were removed before our final test).

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/201 ... -up-review
SamirD

Wow, that's a terrible review for RRM's capabilities to tune the car. I would've thought there would have been some reduction on the 0-60, even if just .1.

So the question is, where are all the parts they took off? I wonder if they sold them or what?
KuroNekko

I've read the same review over a year ago and it's part of why I've done very little about modding the car. I have a manual Kizashi so C&D's experience with their Kizashi was applicable.

The rear sway bar at a discounted price was not a bad buy though.
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:The rear sway bar at a discounted price was not a bad buy though.
It seems like it would help quite a bit. There's a good bit of body roll without it.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:The rear sway bar at a discounted price was not a bad buy though.
It seems like it would help quite a bit. There's a good bit of body roll without it.
I didn't really notice the body roll before, but I think it's all relative. You also drive Porsches and 'Vettes and I don't.
bootymac

KuroNekko wrote:
SamirD wrote:
I didn't really notice the body roll before, but I think it's all relative. You also drive Porsches and 'Vettes and I don't.
Don't forget the Accord. I think Samir loves that more than his Porsche and Corvette combined :P