Project Kizashi GTSC

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
puckaveli

Since my post started a brush fire and got someone's thread closed I figured i would start my own. I have helped do DIY turbo and supercharger kits on Imprezas for a long time. They both have their pros and cons. Some reasons why I would rather go sc over turbo are:

- creating custom exhausts from scratch is a pain in the ass!
- i prefer the feel of instant torque over the feel of lag then surge of power the turbo has. and it's better for auto-x
- i love the supercharger whine. sure it's a superficial benefit but it's my car.
- since their is no aftermarket or oem support for forced induction i think the custom parts for sc'ing will be cheaper to fabricate.
- the beauty of a diy sc kit is you can add pieces to your car without touching the oem setup.
- since the Kiz makes max hp @ 6500 rpm which is redline, it's not exactly suited for a turbo. Max torque @ 4000 rpm is more usable.

As I said before, I have a lot of calculations and mock-ups to do before i set this in motion. my goal would be to get about 200hp without intercooling.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2013 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2006 Kawaski 636
IshaanIan

Will be glued to this thread. :D I too would love some more power from the kiz but have never wanted to go the turbocharged way. More of a purist that way, I like the linear power/torque curves. It just makes the car more predictable, exiting corners knowing exactly how much oomph you're gonna get and just a more comfy drive with smoothed out G forces acting on your neck. Supercharging however, has got me hooked to the idea
~tc~

Pretty high compression already, you may need intercooling or water/methanol injection to avoid the anti-knock safeties
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Woodie

I too am very interested in your project, and I agree with most of your reasons.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

puckaveli wrote: - since their is no aftermarket or oem support for forced induction i think the custom parts for sc'ing will be cheaper to fabricate.
There is the RRM turbo, but it's only for the FWD, manual transmission models and is a turbo while you are interested in a supercharger.
Regardless, it does exist in case you weren't aware.

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/in ... cts_id=680

[youtube][/youtube]
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Steve at Ray Suzuki in Fox Lake, IL said one of the ones that comes in is actually twin-turbo. I'm sure you'll be able to make an SC work the way you want it to if you plan it out and run the numbers before putting anything together. A friend of mine did this for his s2k and now it's a production kit. 8-)
bootymac

SamirD wrote:Steve at Ray Suzuki in Fox Lake, IL said one of the ones that comes in is actually twin-turbo. I'm sure you'll be able to make an SC work the way you want it to if you plan it out and run the numbers before putting anything together. A friend of mine did this for his s2k and now it's a production kit. 8-)
Twin turbo Kizashi?! :shock:

I'll believe it when I see it :P
SamirD

bootymac wrote:Twin turbo Kizashi?! :shock:

I'll believe it when I see it :P
The first thing out of my mouth was that RRM only makes a single turbo kit, and he said this definitely isn't a kit but something the owner has fabricated himself. I want to see it too! Maybe I should tell Steve I'll give him one of my free oil changes to see it in action. :mrgreen:
Soviet

I would take SC any day over Turbo. The whine is just music to my ears.