trying to find new ways to improve mpg!!!

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
KuroNekko

tvrooman1 wrote:Idc at this point what people have to say about the diesel trucks i would take a fully loaded truck over a mid sized car I've grown up around them and send it done myself going from 12mpg to slightly under 30mpgs, I've driven them and seen it happen before my eyes! The programmers actually work for diesels because of how versatile the fuel is when ring pushed through the products I have listed... Only reason I was thinking of putting them in a car
Don't get me wrong. I never said diesel trucks suck. I think they are quite awesome and have their own charm, but highway cost/efficiency isn't one of them, especially compared to gasoline sedans. I explained why above but in a one-liner: you have to put considerable money into it to come close to stock gas sedan efficiency.
In that regard, they are not great investments for saving money and that was your goal, wasn't it?
Also, chips and tuning kits work differently for diesel versus gas so like you guessed, you won't get the kinds of notable improvements like you'd see in a diesel Ram.

That being said, the Kizashi has one huge benefit no truck can come close to: handling.
Yeah, I get it how a tuned diesel can dust even sports cars off the line, but trucks handle like shit compared to cars. The Kizashi is among, if not the best, handling car in its class. Maybe ditch the notion of tearing ass down a straight road (a strange American obsession) and maybe try out a curvy mountain road. Then you'll see why the rest of the world actually likes cars that handle the curves well.
That's not a diesel truck's playground and the Kizashi will shine in it. Trust me.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
tvrooman1

Completely agreed but since I'm a truck finatic I'd take a 80k diesel one ton any day over any vehicle because of how versatile they are u can have an ungodly amount of horse power and in a click of a button on a tuner have 28mpgs but no ass to back it up
krell

So true Kuro on The Kizashi handling
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
KuroNekko

tvrooman1 wrote:Completely agreed but since I'm a truck finatic I'd take a 80k diesel one ton any day over any vehicle because of how versatile they are u can have an ungodly amount of horse power and in a click of a button on a tuner have 28mpgs but no ass to back it up
Interesting. At 80K, the car I'd want is the polar opposite of your choice. I'd go for a Tesla Model S P85. 100% electric vehicle.

Keep in mind that at around 80K, that's what the Nissan GT-R R35 debuted in the US for. It's also more than what the new Camaro Z28 will go for.
Both of these cars will eat just about any tuned diesel truck on a straight-away. You add in corners and it's game over.
However, the diesel truck can be enjoyed off the paved road and can actually haul/tow things. They are more versatile, indeed.

And oh, it's not horsepower where diesels shine. It's torque, but EVs actually do it better with 100% torque on tap at 0 RPM.
bootymac

Yeah but your hippy powered car can't lay down sick smokescreens like my brodozer brah

tvrooman1

Only one problem... Not a FORD
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:Yeah but your hippy powered car can't lay down sick smokescreens like my brodozer brah
Nope, it can't. In fact, the Model S won't burn anything, including cash for powering it if you'd like.
Tesla already offers all their customers free charging at any of their stations given electricity costs a small fraction of fossil fuels. Some of these Supercharger stations are even solar-powered. Basically, you can travel from Los Angeles to New York City without spending a cent for powering a Tesla Model S. Heck, Tesla is working on making more of these stations generate their power from the sun meaning that it's clean renewable energy and independent of the grid, making them more immune to energy supply issues in disasters (as seen with Hurricane Sandy and the tsunami in Japan).

Tesla Model S P85:
0 to 60 MPH in 4.2 seconds. 416 HP/443 lb-ft. of torque. Can be powered by the sun for free.
If that's "hippy powered", then I'd happily show up in my tie-dye shirt and flower in hand.

~tc~

If you love near one of these stations and can live with the recharging times, it's a compelling argument - but there's a LONG way to go before that affects a significant portion of the US population.

Every single person in the US can reduce their oil usage by switching to diesel with practically zero impact on their lifestyle.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
KuroNekko

~tc~ wrote:If you love near one of these stations and can live with the recharging times, it's a compelling argument - but there's a LONG way to go before that affects a significant portion of the US population.

Every single person in the US can reduce their oil usage by switching to diesel with practically zero impact on their lifestyle.
You can recharge half the battery in 20 minutes at a Supercharger station. Yes, not as convenient as fossil fuel refilling, but remember you pay nothing to recharge.
Also, while Tesla does offer the battery swap service, they are developing faster chargers. They state the goal is to create a charger that can fully recharge a battery in 5 to 10 minutes. While it seems like a distant future, keep in mind that the Supercharger stations available today looked like a distant future 10 years ago. Superchargers output 120 kW and can power a Model S for 170 miles in 30 minutes of charge. Not bad in my book, especially for free.
Let's not forget you can recharge your car every night at the convenience of your own home, much like a cell phone. Sure, it's slower to recharge and won't be free, but it's still cheaper and more convenient than fossil fuels at a fuel station.

That being said, I agree that diesels are affordable and available. They definitely offer advantages in fuel efficiency and range over gasoline models. However, having driven a Jetta TDI a lot, I'd say a comparable gasoline car is much more pleasant to drive.
tvrooman1

Would rather leave that car in the a black cloud before I even think about buying it!