Respect for the Kizashi

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Woodie

paininthenuts wrote:We must have a different idea regarding "fast". Only today the child came out in me. I was driving the Kizashi quite gently, and a high spec'd Astra appeared up the arse of my car. I was doing about 40mph at the time, but decided to have some fun. I floored the gas and the Kizashi hit 95mph before I could take a breath. It's not an M3, but there aren't many saloons that can keep up in the UK.
Yes, we do have a different idea about what is fast than most of the rest of the world. That's mostly because we pay less than half what you do for petrol. That "high spec'd Astra" would probably be considered an underpowered economy car here.

The Suzuki Aerio is a perfect example. It was introduced here in the States with a 145 hp 2.0 litre engine to criticism, quickly upgraded to a 2.3 litre 155 hp. In Europe, where it was called the Liana, it got 1.3, 1.5, 1.6, and 1.8 litre engines, plus a 1.4 litre diesel. I thought mine had entirely too much engine, and wished for a 1.8 litre with 35 mpg instead of the 30 mpg I got. But I'm in the minority, used to 50 mpg from a long line of Chevy Metro's (Suzuki Swift to you). After six cars with 55 hp, you learn patience if nothing else.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

paininthenuts wrote: As a result of this I bought my Kizashi sport for £14000 ($21000). Now, I don't know much about car prices in the U.S. but in Britain $21000 won't buy you much of a car. I love this vehicle, especially it's ability to be a sheep in wolf's clothing.

Now stop your moaning about it's rubbish fuel economy, as you must have known that when you bought it. It is a well equipped and very fast car. It looks great (especially in white) and is very comfortable. The sound system knocks my socks off, and people stop and stare at it in supermarket car parks.

Please please please, enjoy the Kizashi, it deserves it !!
Welcome and well said! What a deal! I paid $21,000 U.S. for my GTS in 2010.

;) No need to beg for me to enjoy the ride. I :mrgreen: every day practically when I get in and :drive: mine.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
paininthenuts

It looks good in grey, and now wish I had gone for that colour. It isn't as stunning as the white, but a lot easier to keep clean. I also had to drive to Wales to get the last white one. I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you UK based, in which case how old is the one you are buying, what price and where have you bought it.

Honestly, the car is simply amazing. It's a gentleman when you want it to be, and an animal when you don't. With another badge on the bonnet this car would be £40k +
KuroNekko

paininthenuts wrote:It looks good in grey, and now wish I had gone for that colour. It isn't as stunning as the white, but a lot easier to keep clean. I also had to drive to Wales to get the last white one. I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you UK based, in which case how old is the one you are buying, what price and where have you bought it.

Honestly, the car is simply amazing. It's a gentleman when you want it to be, and an animal when you don't. With another badge on the bonnet this car would be £40k +
I always considered white among the best colors to have regarding it looking clean. Black is the worst. That being said, I think the color that always looks clean is champagne. My dad has a VW Jetta that is champagne. He never washes it and it always looks clean. Heck, it looks cleaner than my black Kizashi even if I wash it and then give it a few days. Maybe silver works that way too?
The spring pollen also is not helping the black paint on my Kizashi. :(
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
paininthenuts

Yes, we have a tree next door which is causing similar problems. I am finding myself washing the car twice a week, however I am sure I will get fed up with it soon enough.

In the Uk it only came in white, black, grey and silver
KuroNekko

paininthenuts wrote:Yes, we have a tree next door which is causing similar problems. I am finding myself washing the car twice a week, however I am sure I will get fed up with it soon enough.

In the Uk it only came in white, black, grey and silver
Yeah, those are the color choices in Japan as well. The rare color I kind of dig is the light blue that was offered in North America. I don't see many members here with it, but it looks good in my opinion. It's a bit feminine, but the color is eye-catching.

~tc~

KuroNekko wrote:I always considered white among the best colors to have regarding it looking clean. Black is the worst.
X2

But NOTHING looks as good as a clean black car at sunset
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
paininthenuts

I'm better acquainted with slow. My project car is a VW bus. Need I say more?
The Kizashi is not really a fast car; it's simply not slow either. However, it will easily be dusted by more performance-oriented cars that have larger displacements or forced induction. I'd say the 2.4 liter inline engine in the Kizashi is very adequate but more power would be fun

That's the big difference in the UK. A car the size of the kizashi normally has an engine about 1.8 ltrs and more often than not diesel. The 0-60 would therefore be about 11 secs. Other than sports cars or high performance high cost motors, such as the m3, to have a car that performs as well as the kizashin is rare. Like somebody else pointed out this is probably down to fuel cost.
KuroNekko

~tc~ wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:I always considered white among the best colors to have regarding it looking clean. Black is the worst.
X2

But NOTHING looks as good as a clean black car at sunset
You mean like this?

paininthenuts

That looks brilliant, its just a petty it's not always clean, and it's not always sunset LOL