Stand alone ecu's

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Armykizyguy92

Anyone messed with a stand alone ecu or know of someone who has ? I'm thinking it might be a good option for the Kizzy if u put the turbo on it
Current "stage 2" 2015 wrx base world rally blue

Previous 2011 Kizzy Sport SLS FWD 6-Spd
Custom exhaust, 20% tint
Soon to have H&R springs and Stage 2 turbo from RRM
murcod

The way modern engine ECU's are interfaced with everything else electronic in the vehicle, I wouldn't like your chances of getting it to work. You've got the ESP/ traction control system, climate control etc all tied in with the engine ECU and BCM. You've also got CAN Bus communication going on between everything.

It would be a nightmare just trying to do the wiring, let alone the programming. :shock:

You need to find someone who can reflash the factory ECU.
David
sx4rocious

what he said^^

There are several turbo SX4 guys in the SX4 forums that are having great success with Split Second products. RRM has a good tune that comes pre-loaded into the units they sell under their brand name. It's the exact same unit Split Second manufactures with all the R&D and tuning already completed so you wouldn't have the expence of dyno time. I'd say if they don't already have a tune for the Kizashi, they would at least have a pretty good idea how to tune their unit for one.

Also, a lot of serious turbo SX4 guys are running the AEM Fuel controlers also. I've heard both units are easy to install and easier to un-install. Might be something to look at...
Armykizyguy92

According to rob at rrm they have gotten 317 to the wheel on there turbo Kizzy without upgrading anything internal and with thier pre loaded piggy back tunes. I asked about a stand alone only cuz AEM has one that is universal and u can easily program everything into it as well and get rid of that pest of a governor for good :). Right now my Kizzy according to rob will be pushing 250-275 at wheel and he's giving me the tools to monitor it and to watch for a bit and then if he feels comfortable he will "bless" the system to push 330 if things look like it will handle that at long term. Only reason he doesn't want to go that route now is he only had thiers tuned to 317 for short period and didn't do long term testing. Thier 275 tune has gone 2+ yrs being driven every day with no issue. I hope everything goes smooth on the install pics to come thanks guys

Custom exhaust, 20% tint
bootymac

What do you have done to your Kizashi?
Armykizyguy92

So far custom exhaust and soon to be turbo lol :) remember I'm the crazy one that's daring enough to do it hahaha

Custom exhaust, 20% tint
murcod

These are probably more realistic figures on what their kit can reliably output: http://www.suzuki.com.au/suzuki-life/ne ... rbo-debuts
Concept Kizashi Turbo specifications

Engine Turbocharged and intercooled JB24 2.4 litre in-line four
Boost 7psi
Power 179 kW at 4800 rpm
Torque 330 Nm at 4400 rpm
http://www.caradvice.com.au/125400/suzu ... bo-review/
David
Armykizyguy92

This kits being built to run 10-12 psi . I believe he said that at 14-16 would be about 300+ but pushing reliability. Which I completely agree with lol. Course that's also upgrading injectors and everything to help out but still that's more then I want to do. Goals for the time being are 275 ish on the turbo and rims and maybe springs if I can find them :) other than that imma keep it a semi sleeper. 2.5 in exhaust isn't to quite sooooo not full sleeper but at 275 that's screaming for fwd lol

Custom exhaust, 20% tint
murcod

While not a standalone, this sounds impressive :
http://www.greddy.com/products/electron ... -ultimate/
David