performance minded

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Armykizyguy92

I love bootymac's comment tho best one on this post hahaha
Current "stage 2" 2015 wrx base world rally blue

Previous 2011 Kizzy Sport SLS FWD 6-Spd
Custom exhaust, 20% tint
Soon to have H&R springs and Stage 2 turbo from RRM
BxKizashiS

sounds good.. my boy owns a shop that works strictly on engine heads to build for racing.. since its almost impossible to find internals for our kizashis what we're going to do is take the block apart and send out specs to different companies that make pistons and cranks, cams, etc and have them send what they have according to spec. like diameter, size etc.. hopefully this works great, I want to have atleast 300hp all motor from internals
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
MrNWA

yea i noticed that some of the post are missing 7k on turbo exhaust and rims was a waste of money :facepalm:

i had my exhaust made for $200 tax and installed straight from the header back.

rrm turbo i didnt see any real gains i couldnt do by building the internals and a good tune my bike is a vtwin 1000 with 200hp all forged and cams with dynojet the kizzy has 2 more cylinders lol no disrespect but that was a bad way to spend 7k rims dont count the are curb appeal not performance.

BootyMac DFKM that meme was comical

5 grand i can get something pretty nasty under the hood like a rs4 v8 only thing after that is my labour... ohh wait i dont pay labour i do it myself

BxKizashiS is on the right tip my bike they dont make cams so i sent mine out and had them made also if you can find the right machine shop to do all your measurments you wont have to ship anything anywhere call up supertech pistons, comp cams and Spool for rods for your internals add a microtech ecu and tune on the dyno if your car is manual clutch masters will make you a clutch and flywheel setup too
murcod

MrNWA wrote: rrm turbo i didnt see any real gains i couldnt do by building the internals and a good tune my bike is a vtwin 1000 with 200hp all forged and cams with dynojet the kizzy has 2 more cylinders lol no disrespect but that was a bad way to spend 7k rims dont count the are curb appeal not performance.
But how much torque has that bike engine got and at what revs? The Kizashi engine isn't built like a Honda Vtec - it's not about peak power output. The Kizashi has torque at lower RPM, where it's useable in daily driving.

Many many years ago(like 23 odd years) I made the mistake of listening to a company who were modifying the turbo on my car. I wanted more torque at lower RPM - they insisted high flowing the turbo was the go :roll: . I ended up with a vehicle that was quicker 0-100km/h, but I was getting blown away by bog stock Corollas with in gear acceleration in normal driving. There was no torque where the engine revs normally sat and the peak power didn't kick in until well past 4500RPM -leaving me only 2000RPM where the engine didn't feel totally dead! They'd done the exact opposite to what I wanted and created a dog of a car to drive in traffic.

The RRM turbo kit should improve on the decent torque characteristics and give the top end power. I don't see how you could get anywhere near get the same result (maintaining in gear driveability) by rebuilding internals using tricks like higher compression, changing cams, flowing the head, custom tune etc. Sure, peak power will improve (and most likely be at very high revs) but what will it be like to drive in normal traffic? That's where the RRM turbo will shine. http://www.caradvice.com.au/125400/suzu ... bo-review/
The Kizashi Turbo’s acceleration is intense with the push back into your seat coming early in the rev range and not giving up for a while. It doesn’t seem to run out of steam as the gear ratios are well spaced and torque is available at all speeds.
David
Armykizyguy92

Keep in mind I'm also doing a stage 2 turbo exactly like the record breaking one. As for heads there isn't much at all that u can do cuz it's amazing already. The full list of parts done to the record setting kizashi that made 260whp with built rods forged pistons and a mild cam only. The turbo was set at 16psi and they also used a nos fogger system to add the 513whp it made with the turbo. The Kizzy's internals can handle a turbo pushing a lot of power but it's a question of how long and do u want to take that chance. I have a custom 2.5" dual cat back I didn't need to run header back as the new heat wrapped down pipe will replace most of that pipe anyway cost me 120 no tax . A full custom internal build if done right will cost u almost as much as my total package of big brake kit turbo rims ecu tune will cost . Eagle rods and Manley quoted me almost 1700 for rods to be custom made and then custom mild cams where about 1000. When things are custom made it gets really pricey. Then you have to think about injectors and good luck finding those cuz while it may not be nessisarly essential to most it would be a good idea . Then you gotta find a good stand alone ecu cuz let's be honest the stock denso sucks, only one that I've found that might actually work with said build cuz I was planning this too is an aem infinity and that's 1500. Then u have to spend hrs running it on a dyno with a tuner and most charge 400 an hr and to do a whole engine map like that u can look at up to 6 hrs that 2400 right there. Keep in mind these are quotes I got not including install shipping and a lot more headache. Without injectors that's 5100 u spent already . I payed 4900 even for my turbo inter cooler custom painted pipes down pipe and an piggy back custom tune set to 10 psi pushing 325 @ crank and hopefully 300 wheel and I can still drive it everyday and hard cuz I don't have to worry about if the pistons are a hair off. But by all means plz do your build I will be very interested in cost and if it works . Imma take my chances with something developed for the car not one off and hope it works. As for the bike thing I've had an 04 ninja zx6 with a stage 3 jet kit full race exhaust port and polish on the head and it made over 200hp . How a bike motor and a car motor make power is different. The bike has smaller cylinders so they crank the compression ratios up to make more power. A new stock zx10 makes 215hp at wheel it's not hard to do on a bike. Hell the new ninja h2 make over 300.
Current "stage 2" 2015 wrx base world rally blue

Previous 2011 Kizzy Sport SLS FWD 6-Spd
Custom exhaust, 20% tint
Soon to have H&R springs and Stage 2 turbo from RRM
MrNWA

yes a bike is different for sure but at stock my motor made 130 now making 200 with simple things its a Vtwin its all torque so there was a big gain there given the age of it being over 10 years old so no jet kit factory injection just upgraded internals and bolt ons a new ninja has 10 years of newer technology dual stage injection variable timing high out put coils etc as for the price of my build i have the resources most of you may not my dyno time is free my standalone will be half what you would pay and i have a friend at another local shop who has an RS4 powertrain i can get for under 5k i dont plan to use this car as a daily driver and if i do im sure that V8 will not let a corolla pass me light to light. remember friends everything in life is Negotiable i haggle all the time why cause people haggle me when i order parts i haggle for a better deal but i buy a few and sell for return on investment sometimes i make profit and my parts are free take the blinders off. i.e. my 240sx suspension was 2600 i talked them down to 1800 shipped i bought 4 setups sold for 2500 took no less than 2350 see how it works for free parts :idea:

no i know not everyone is going to be able to do this but give it a try with smaller items just not with the kizashi you will have those parts forever lol but do some trade up and buy ups in spare time on kijiji and craigslist to cover you parts cost an your build could be free or less than half pull toghether your resoucrces negotiate whats the worst the can say NO....... (grabbing chest) "Ohhh my god Elizabeth its the big 1 honey Im coming to see ya" :lol: :lol:

I always say ask for everything expect nothing!!!!

for your turbo build ask every supplier "is that your best price can you do a little better ?" ask for a sticker to advertise there brand and say you will tell everyone who made them for you!!! i have a huge RF sticker on the back of my car why cause the RF local rep had a set of leftover punch powers from like the 90s brand new in the box never used i got them for 300 with box they retailed over 1000 new and are a much sought after speaker so far i have cracked my back window and moonroof with 2 10" on a 1000 watt amp . all im saying is it dont hurt to ask and save some money for somthing else you cant get a better deal

i thought about doing the turbo setup but a few alread have and i really want a v8 in this car not sure but i thought i saw on ebay RC makes injectors for the kizzy check it out or send them a email!!!!
MrNWA

question is there like a FB page everyone is on ??
sx4rocious

MrNWA wrote:so far i have cracked my back window and moonroof with 2 10" on a 1000 watt amp .
Pretty sure that's not possible...
MrNWA

Lol when they say pop the hood and they see why it sounds like that hahaha
Attachments
IMG_45083048330483.jpeg
IMG_45083048330483.jpeg (24.55 KiB) Viewed 6253 times
fred-sanford-2-150x150.jpg
fred-sanford-2-150x150.jpg (9.81 KiB) Viewed 6253 times
MrNWA

pretty sure i can find the invioce somewhere for the insurance covering the window and moonroof from last year i have since turned the bass down lol like mercedes the kizashi has laminate glass which is 2 pieces for sound deadning so when the bass hits the 2 panes seperated by a liquid centre smack together which is also why they were so expensive to replace.

my old 2001 S500 had 1 JL w7 that would split the front and rear glass on several ocassions very much possible
Last edited by MrNWA on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.