performance minded

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
sx4rocious

I was an IASCA competitor and judge in the 1990's. I owned a car with a documented 156.1 Db peak and almost 8,000 watts and worked with and around reps from all the major players back then with systems costing upwards of $100,000 and have never seen anything like what you are describing.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll admit it, but I'm still ot sure this is possible...
MrNWA

Suzuki for the win!!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (435.34 KiB) Viewed 5908 times
20140425_234538.jpg
20140425_234538.jpg (198.48 KiB) Viewed 5870 times
MrNWA

cant get the car pic to flip

the comp cars have better sound deadening to stop the vibration by adding weight i know this from breaking a few windows in my vehicles over the years just because you never seen it dont make you wrong the glass an metal flex at different speed glass being faster than metal so when glass moves and metal is in the oposed direnction it causes the stress and flex to crack on some will litereally blow out on the kizzy it just cracks cause it dual pane for sound deadening for road noise like higher end vehicles!
sx4rocious

I had no sound deadening in my car.
MrNWA

tempered or laminate glass??

perfect example with just 2 speakers and amp
Armykizyguy92

:facepalm: the rs4 has a longer wheelbase and wider gerth . So getting a custom driveshaft and all the body mounts will cost more than it's worth not to mention the wheels will stick about 2in outside wheel well. The 4b11t for an evo x will fit in the Kizzy but to do so will cost about 5k and that's just in custom bell housings body mounts and other nessisary things and even that's a tight squeeze . And that's coming for some of the best fabricators and innovators in the world. I hate to burst you dream mate but you might just wanna get an rs4. Not to mention that's a 4.0l v8 with biturbos go pop Ur hood on the Kizzy and tell me how much room u have no with the stock in not much some in front right ?! Think about this the v8 will mount diffrently not sideways and it's 2x bigger in size plus add the turbos no way to fit. Trust me Ur talking to an army fabricator I work on things Uve never seen or heard of. I've entertained an engine swap too but the only thing that might really really work is the older evo's 2.4l only cuz for some reason they don't take as much room as the 4b11 cuz of less piping and computer componates. Best bet like I said if Ur set on said rs4 drivetrain is to get one
Current "stage 2" 2015 wrx base world rally blue

Previous 2011 Kizzy Sport SLS FWD 6-Spd
Custom exhaust, 20% tint
Soon to have H&R springs and Stage 2 turbo from RRM
KuroNekko

MrNWA wrote:cant get the car pic to flip
Fixed it for you.

Nice rides.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
MrNWA

thanks KuroNekko

ArmyKizy i dont doubt that you do work on things that ive never seen the only reason i chose the RS4 powertrain is because i can get 1 pretty cheap and the fact that both cars are almost identical in size made it an ideal im sure it wil be a tight fit but so was stuffing a Titan motor in my G35 as for the cradle i would weld 1 up myself i too can fabricate metal i have cut many cars and truck in the past to make things work i.e. the g35 titan 5.6 v8
datsun 280z corvertte powertrain 6.0 v8
240sx RB26 rb25 & rb20 swap
rx7 multiple v8 swap mustang and vette
rx3 wagon vette
datsun 510 vq35 swap

all im saying is it can be done exceeding the value of the car does not matter if it got to that point 240sx sell from $500 - $2000 stock but people still pour $50,000 + into them its a project and hobby if it dont fit no big deal ill put a v6 turbo in it.

I asked if anyone had any ideas for a build like this not to have it bashed by most members just because you are narrow minded dosent mean i am everyone on NICCO club told me the v8 G35 swap wouldnt work and now i know of 3 all built a little bit different yes it was a 2 year old car and yes i cut the firewall and tunnel for shifter but you know what that car worked so good and had so much power i wanted to turbo it and there was no need i sold it for an offer i couldnt refuse and cause my wife said to get rid of it before i kill myself you could cruise the Hwy and drop to 4th and it would burn the tires no problem the VDC just shit itself and not know what to do.

to those who are doing builds you know what you wanna do i stand behind you and offer any advice i can in any way you see the value in your build do it up. for those who doubt my abilities i been doing cars since i was a kid look up Jay Leno grage find the Packard Bus! he got from toronto .... who do you think fabricated parts by hand for that thing you cant buy them at canadiantire right down to copper washers etc. i thought there would be a lot more love on this form i dont post my work to other forms and had most of my post deleted because i got tired of the bashing several years later i see it still goes on.......... what a waste of time either way im done with this post and probably this "club"
KuroNekko

MrNWA,
Keep in mind you did your fair share of dissing Armykizguy92 in this thread. You guys are merely going back and forth given you two have different performance modification approaches.

I'll tell you what I think: It's all like vaporware until it happens and you guys have running versions of your projects. No doubt both of you know your stuff. You guys sound serious with the right backgrounds and connections. However, folks like me are skeptical given the rarity of the Kizashi and the extremely limited aftermarket support. Anyone can talk the talk, but what we want to see is one who walks the walk.

Mad respect to both of you for pursuing a high level of modification for the unknown and unloved Kizashi, but there is a reason why Bootymac posted that gif. These ambitious mod plans are either A) never going to happen, B) going to blow up the motor and then the remainders scrapped out on Ebay, or C) going to be an epic Kizashi tearing up the streets and meets. Basically, various high risk/thrill outcomes. Meanwhile, the rest of us are boringly content with close to stock.

Best of luck to both of you, but really, no point arguing. If anything, help each other. You guys are more alike than everyone around you, even in this forum.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:MrNWA,
Keep in mind you did your fair share of dissing Armykizguy92 in this thread. You guys are merely going back and forth given you two have different performance modification approaches.

I'll tell you what I think: It's all like vaporware until it happens and you guys have running versions of your projects. No doubt both of you know your stuff. You guys sound serious with the right backgrounds and connections. However, folks like me are skeptical given the rarity of the Kizashi and the extremely limited aftermarket support. Anyone can talk the talk, but what we want to see is one who walks the walk.

Mad respect to both of you for pursuing a high level of modification for the unknown and unloved Kizashi, but there is a reason why Bootymac posted that gif. These ambitious mod plans are either A) never going to happen, B) going to blow up the motor and then the remainders scrapped out on Ebay, or C) going to be an epic Kizashi tearing up the streets and meets. Basically, various high risk/thrill outcomes. Meanwhile, the rest of us are boringly content with close to stock.

Best of luck to both of you, but really, no point arguing. If anything, help each other. You guys are more alike than everyone around you, even in this forum.
I have to heartily agree with everything KuroNekko just posted.

And I know exactly where you guys are coming from--I've seen the 5.6 Titans in the G25/350z; I've seen the RBs in the s13s and s14s; I've seen the v8s in the rx7s and rx8s; I've seen the v8 datsuns; I've seen the Infiniti v8 in an s14; I've even seen a v8 in a Porsche 944--And I admire them ALL. It's this type of thinking that has lifted the enthusiast spirit and inspired all of us to reach for the stars.

And here's a bit of inspiration I shot a couple of years back--Nissan 5.6 supercharged and drifting. Enjoy...