Kizashi Big Brake alternative!!

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
chinaKZX

this is my $2000 :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG (99.58 KiB) Viewed 8046 times
2013-11-26-360.jpg
2013-11-26-360.jpg (221.29 KiB) Viewed 8046 times
BxKizashiS

chinaKZX wrote:this is my $2000 :mrgreen:
Yo that looks sick!!

I have slotted ebc rotors with greenstuff pads.. maybe ill think about a big brake kit but for now what I got looks good and is doin the job
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
SamirD

Sing to the tune of 'I like big butts'

I love big brakes and I cannot lie
You other drivers can't deny...

Love the kits guys! Is the Arma kit completely bolt-on, or custom?

I'd check the fitting at the end of the TRD caliper to see what type it is (banjo, etc.). Then you can see if the stock Kizashi line will work with the stock bolt in the caliper. Line length and clearance is usually the issue, but since the caliper is essentially in the same place, I don't see that as being that big of a problem.

What car is that TRD kit for again? If we can find a cross reference for a Toyota kit that bolts-on (even factory parts), then we could find an upgrade for that application and in theory it would bolt right on. That's how I found the kits for my Galant and Accord. :)
MrNWA

The Steal braded lines that came with the TRD brakes fit the kizashi steel line from the body all clearance issue are no issue even the brackets for the lines bolt into the stock locations the lines are however 2 inches longer but the brackets have the option to move them.

the Kit is from a Scion xB .... (I knowww why would the make a kit for this vehicle lol)

but in fact they are made by STOPTECH just rebranded for toyota i believe these fit the Tundra as well

I had ordered longer bolts for the mockup but to make this work i need to have a stepped sholder bolt made they are $3each CAD galvinized hardened steel special order no big deal there as the kizashi bolt hole was 1 size larger

I do agree about the rear brakes being to small for such a heavy car mine were doing the same, but i know the Civic SIR rears will fit as they are vented rotor and since there rears are an upgrade all the sizing of the rotor will fit you may have to mill out the center of the rotor for the hub especially if you have AWD like myself.
Wilwood makes an upgrade dual piston kit for the civic, calipers are a direct bolt on i have yet to fit the rotor to confirm I personally have Civic Si 2012 pads on mine because they were cheaper and better quality overall

CHINAKZX thats a sweet build but i dont have $2000 for a brake setup I got my full kit for $400 pads rotors calipers lines. plus $3.00 x 4 for the bolts

FrankLo I am currently moving to Calgary next week so i wont see my car for a few weeks I do know that the Oregans Nissan or the Green light used cars company in Dartmouth would buy it for around $14,000 as i just had my car apraised there like 2 months ago i have a 12 SLS AWD with 50,000 kms it will also depend on the overal condition and milage.

I hope i answered every ones questions!
SamirD

Great research on the brake swaps. What year Civic SIR cross-applications for the rear?
MrNWA

Stupid auto correct it was civic si not siR and all civic pretty much from 2005 + use the same brake setup as our car well I guess siR would be included too they are all the same.
SamirD

MrNWA wrote:Stupid auto correct it was civic si not siR and all civic pretty much from 2005 + use the same brake setup as our car well I guess siR would be included too they are all the same.
Gotcha. I did some quick searches and there's kits out there from various manufacturers for $1500+, so $400 was a steal!

Baer doesn't show any applications on their website, but since they custom make each kit, I bet they can make a kit for under $1000.
MrNWA

Yea the toyota dealership had the sitting around for a few years they knew no one would buy them they were 2500 marked down to 1899 I asked to try them offered him $1 lol an the bidding began hahaha so yes $400 was a steal for these they just wanted them gone
SamirD

MrNWA wrote:Yea the toyota dealership had the sitting around for a few years they knew no one would buy them they were 2500 marked down to 1899 I asked to try them offered him $1 lol an the bidding began hahaha so yes $400 was a steal for these they just wanted them gone
Sounds like what a bunch of places that have Suzuki parts are willing to do. I got the all-weather mats and a cargo mat for a lot cheaper than normal just because they wanted them gone.
MrNWA

yea i need a new vent visor and they are discontinued have to make friends with someone in AUS or NZ