Steering wheel audio control

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
jefferywayne

I have a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi and my audio controls on the steering wheel stopped working. Does anyone know where to purchase the part after market and is there a video or forum on how to install them myself. It is only the volume up and down button on the steering wheel that doesn't work.
KuroNekko

Sounds like the switch is out. I've had a window switch in my Mazda3 fail but I was able to fix it with a rebuild with dielectrical grease on the switch contacts. You'll have to take apart the steering wheel to do something similar. If you do, be careful of the air bag module.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jefferywayne

That is what I was afraid of. I cannot find a switch or anywhere that could replace it seeing that there are no Suzuki dealers near my location.
nytq

You may want to verify it is not the head unit failing. It would be hard to diagnose either way.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
jefferywayne

I found out from the dealer that you cannot buy just the one part for this car. The steering wheel has to be replaced and the charge for the steering wheel is $612.00 not including labor but the kicker is they do not sell the steering wheel anymore so there is no way to replace it. :facepalm: I love this car no matter what.lol
Ronzuki

That doesn't sound right. I had my steering wheel replaced under warranty for checked leather in two places after Suzuki pulled out of the U.S., and, it was much more $$ than what you are saying. Switches in the wheel are flexible circuit board mounted and not easily replaced.

The wheel assembly (less air bag) seems to be available online:
http://suzukicarparts.com/parts/2010/Su ... eid=214820
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
paininthenuts

jefferywayne wrote:I found out from the dealer that you cannot buy just the one part for this car. The steering wheel has to be replaced and the charge for the steering wheel is $612.00 not including labor but the kicker is they do not sell the steering wheel anymore so there is no way to replace it. :facepalm: I love this car no matter what.lol
I have an idea that will cost you a lot less money. When the car is going straight look to the left of your steering wheel. You will see an object resembling a radio. On the left hand side and at the top of the radio there is a round thing that not only turns up the sound of the radio, but if pushed turns it on and off.

Hope this has helped !!
jefferywayne

As much as I love the sarcasm in your reply, in America we look to the right to see a stereo. I am not sure how you like your cars where you are but here we like everything working properly.
jefferywayne

Ronzuki wrote:That doesn't sound right. I had my steering wheel replaced under warranty for checked leather in two places after Suzuki pulled out of the U.S., and, it was much more $$ than what you are saying. Switches in the wheel are flexible circuit board mounted and not easily replaced.

The wheel assembly (less air bag) seems to be available online:
http://suzukicarparts.com/parts/2010/Su ... eid=214820

That is what the dealer quoted me and told me they no longer can get the part because Suzuki Is not out of North America. Oh well, I can live with one non working button. The rest of the car is amazing.
Ronzuki

BS, call another dealer. Which ever dealer you are talking to was most likely one of the contributing factors in why Suzuki left the states (piss poor dealers and half-azzed service). Further, they didn't/don't likely have a decent working relationship with ASMC. If it wasn't available any longer there probably wouldn't be a price to quote either, and, I also seriously doubt it would be that much LESS than suzukicarparts' price. I can get what ever I want/need for my Suzukis from my dealer including many parts still for my 91 Samurai which hasn't been sold here since 1994. Suzuki will be supplying parts, albeit at premium $$$ as time goes on, for the foreseeable future for our cars. Call D'Ambrosio's in Frazer PA 610-251-0900 ask for Mike in parts. Give him the VIN of your car and tell him what you want. If he says it's not available then I'll believe it. If all else fails, there are a number of wrecked Kizs available in the salvage yards and would be your cheapest course. Buy the wheel from salvage and have your dealer install it if you are not comfortable doing so yourself. It only took the zuk mechanic 20 minutes to do mine. Here's one I found in VA yard, $100, 1-800-533-4099, stock #100670. Call them up and ask them the details of the car it's in and make sure it matches your car. Boom, done.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)