Steering wheel audio control

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
smsmart

suzukicarparts.com is actually a site run by a former Suzuki dealer called Suzuki Depot in Santa Ana, California. That's actually where I bought my Kizashi. They now only sell Kia's (and therefore now called Kia Depot), but they still service Suzuki's and sell parts for them, and they used to be one of the largest Suzuki dealers on the West Coast. I'm pretty sure that they're a pretty reliable source for whether or not the Kizashi parts you want are available or not. If their site is ambiguous as to whether the part is available, I'd contact them directly to find out for sure.
paininthenuts

jefferywayne wrote:As much as I love the sarcasm in your reply, in America we look to the right to see a stereo. I am not sure how you like your cars where you are but here we like everything working properly.
I would return the car to the garage, as it would appear the manufacturer has put the steering wheel on the wrong side :lol:
bootymac

paininthenuts wrote:
jefferywayne wrote:As much as I love the sarcasm in your reply, in America we look to the right to see a stereo. I am not sure how you like your cars where you are but here we like everything working properly.
I would return the car to the garage, as it would appear the manufacturer has put the steering wheel on the wrong side :lol:
Better fix 90% of the world's roads too

sx4rocious

In PITN's defense, Africa and Siberia don't count. There are exactly 6 cars sold there a year to Ebola doctors...
SamirD

Which head unit do you have? It might be easier to have a stereo shop look at the problem before you swap the steering wheel.
paininthenuts

jefferywayne wrote:I have a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi and my audio controls on the steering wheel stopped working. Does anyone know where to purchase the part after market and is there a video or forum on how to install them myself. It is only the volume up and down button on the steering wheel that doesn't work.
Have you tried blue tack. I don't know how well it works on electrical equipment, but my friend built a complete Buick using it LOL
KlutzNinja

Lately my steering wheel’s mute button has been acting up. It seems like every time I start up the car, it won’t work properly. Sometimes it turns the volume up, other times nothing. The solution so far is to click down on the steering wheel’s volume switch - then it works okay. I don’t mute/pause often, but it’s nice to have it working for when I need it and can’t afford to take a hand off the wheel to press the tiny button on the far side of the head unit. Sometimes the volume switch won’t turn the volume up, either - same solution I think. But it’s weird. Anyone else have this issue? I’m guessing it could be the switch or the fuse? It’s just weird that it always starts out like this and then can be fine if I turn the volume down.
I’ve had past experiences with the mute button turning up the volume, but that would go away pretty quickly, unlike this current issue.

And before this happened, my iPod started acting rebellious and didn’t accept certain commands through the car’s audio system. For example if I wanted to skip a track, the text on the head unit would blink and then nothing would happen (the song wouldn’t skip); this occurred with both steering wheel and head unit controls. I eventually restarted my iPod (it’s pretty old) and it’s been fine. But it was a strange phenomenon, to be sure.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
SamirD

The only quirks I've noticed is once in a while if I change the volume, the station will change--or it will change all by itself. The electrical systems on our cars is notoriously sensitive so I suspect after a few years of corrosion, some grounds aren't as good as they used to be. That's what I would check first with assistance of the service manual to see which grounds might be at the source of the issue.