Whoops

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
paininthenuts

Te
hey centre the steering wheel first and then adjust tracking. They found it impossible to get the tracking right whist the steering wheel was centred, and apparently whilst the track rod arm is not visibly bent, even the slightest bend will cause a problem. I have tried looking on the net for a rough idea of cost, but keep hitting blanks. I am guessing the part is about £60, and the labour about two hours.
SamirD

I would be surprised if the part is that cheap. Usually aftermarket parts are in that range. A genuine Suzuki part will be at least 2x aftermarket.
paininthenuts

Well Kizi had it's first service and the steering and suspension checked. There was a minor amount of adjustment required for the tracking, but they informed nothing is bent, thank God. They also checked the rear shocks and there was no sign of corrosion.

In the mean time they gave me a top of the range two wheel drive S Cross 1.6 TD. Apart from not having electrically adjustable seats it was as well spec'd as the Kizi. It also had a central display unit with a reverse camera, and also included a DAB radio, albeit the sound system was inferior to mine. I particularly liked the double size sliding sun roof. Unfortunately the finish isn't that great and doesn't give the same feeling of luxury as the Kizi. The engine, whilst not the most refined diesel (it's actually a Peugeot engine) had bags of punch, and despite the S Cross being a large car it was surprisingly nippy. What was really impressive was the economy. I drove 220 miles, most of it at about 75/80 mph, and it returned 64mpg, now that's impressive. Would I have one, not in a million years, it's just to damn ugly !!