CVT Acceleration Challenge?

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
wobki

cvt's work at the peak power, or best fuel economy rpm all the time for the most part. The reason the slap shift is slower is because the car falls out of the torque curve whereas when its in cvt mode it stays in the curve longer. That being said, the slap shift is for backroads and corners, where engine braking at different rpm's is important to you, not for straight line pulls from a stop.

*edit* that being said, I find the kizashi's manual mode to be fantastic on the back roads. Great engine braking, and it shifts very quickly, much MUCH more quickly then most sport stick autos i've driven, not to mention the directness you feel with this cvt as it uses a clutch as opposed to a torque converter i believe.
KuroNekko

wobki wrote:cvt's work at the peak power, or best fuel economy rpm all the time for the most part. The reason the slap shift is slower is because the car falls out of the torque curve whereas when its in cvt mode it stays in the curve longer. That being said, the slap shift is for backroads and corners, where engine braking at different rpm's is important to you, not for straight line pulls from a stop.

*edit* that being said, I find the kizashi's manual mode to be fantastic on the back roads. Great engine braking, and it shifts very quickly, much MUCH more quickly then most sport stick autos i've driven, not to mention the directness you feel with this cvt as it uses a clutch as opposed to a torque converter i believe.
The Kizashi's CVT uses a torque converter.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
BxKizashiS

before i even knew about the factory spec PSI on the door ive always did 32psi, now that i brought it up to 38psi you really do feel a small difference.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi