ECU perfomance

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
baz

Can the cvt transmission be upgraded ???

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
G13b

Yes , have it converted to manual transmission.
If you write wash on mycar I will carve resuscitate me on your chest.
Flange

My understanding is that the manual Kizashi produces more BHP than the auto because the rev limiter kicks in a bit earlier on the auto - 6k vs 6.5k? Adjust the rev limiter up and you would probably get the same peak BHP. I also believe that the Kizashi auto's ECU prevents full power off the line in deference to the CVT in the same manner that some Suzuki motorbikes program a bit of retard into the ignition curve in the first few gears to reduce the bike's tendency to wheel stand. To bypass this on motorbikes we put in a Timing Retard Eliminator (TRE) which tells the ECU that the bike is in sixth gear, so the ECU doesn't retard. Please don't take my comments as gospel tho.

I have a device called a TEKA which allows me to re-tune the Denso ECU fitted to fuel injected Suzuki motorbikes. Some motorbikes are set to run lean at about 50km/hr and 100km/hr because this is where emission checks are done. Some are also set a bit rich at wide open throttle to protect valves. The TEKA allows me to "adjust" fuelling to compensate and on race bikes there is usually considerable power to be gained by taking quite a bit of fuel out at high revs and wide open throttle. Usually at the cost of reduced valve and piston life I must add.

Does anybody know if the Kizashi uses a Denso ECU? If so, and if the interface plug is the same as on Suzuki motorbikes it may well be possible to use the TEKA to map out such emission control dips as may be programmmed into the Kizashi's fuelling without having to use an add-on module, or to add or subtract fuel as may be useful. More fuel is not necessarily beneficial to power or economy.

The beauty of this is that an add-on module takes the output from a computer (the ECU) and adjusts it. This is a poor way of doing things, it is better to get the ECU to output the correct info. A further problem which add-on modules sometimes incur is poor connections. Some add-ons rely on wiretaps to patch into the wiring loom. Given the low voltages that computers work on, wiretapping is really asking for trouble. More modern add-ons tend to use plugs but even then they introduce more connections into the system, more opportunity for bad connections.

Cheers
Flange
KuroNekko

Flange wrote:My understanding is that the manual Kizashi produces more BHP than the auto because the rev limiter kicks in a bit earlier on the auto - 6k vs 6.5k? Adjust the rev limiter up and you would probably get the same peak BHP. I also believe that the Kizashi auto's ECU prevents full power off the line in deference to the CVT in the same manner that some Suzuki motorbikes program a bit of retard into the ignition curve in the first few gears to reduce the bike's tendency to wheel stand. To bypass this on motorbikes we put in a Timing Retard Eliminator (TRE) which tells the ECU that the bike is in sixth gear, so the ECU doesn't retard. Please don't take my comments as gospel tho.

I have a device called a TEKA which allows me to re-tune the Denso ECU fitted to fuel injected Suzuki motorbikes. Some motorbikes are set to run lean at about 50km/hr and 100km/hr because this is where emission checks are done. Some are also set a bit rich at wide open throttle to protect valves. The TEKA allows me to "adjust" fuelling to compensate and on race bikes there is usually considerable power to be gained by taking quite a bit of fuel out at high revs and wide open throttle. Usually at the cost of reduced valve and piston life I must add.

Does anybody know if the Kizashi uses a Denso ECU? If so, and if the interface plug is the same as on Suzuki motorbikes it may well be possible to use the TEKA to map out such emission control dips as may be programmmed into the Kizashi's fuelling without having to use an add-on module, or to add or subtract fuel as may be useful. More fuel is not necessarily beneficial to power or economy.

The beauty of this is that an add-on module takes the output from a computer (the ECU) and adjusts it. This is a poor way of doing things, it is better to get the ECU to output the correct info. A further problem which add-on modules sometimes incur is poor connections. Some add-ons rely on wiretaps to patch into the wiring loom. Given the low voltages that computers work on, wiretapping is really asking for trouble. More modern add-ons tend to use plugs but even then they introduce more connections into the system, more opportunity for bad connections.

Cheers
Flange
I have no idea regarding the details of the Kizashi's ECU. However, the only company known to make tuning products for the Kizashi did sell ECU modules for both the CVT model and manual. Maybe looking into them would answer your question.
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/in ... cts_id=625
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)