interior lighting mods

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Rokko

I was hoping to get some advice on possible upgrades to the interior of my kizzy. Currently my primary focus is the red mood lighting that's in effect when just driving at night, maybe making them a bit brighter. Nothing crazy. And making the lights from the footwell match the rest of the lighting. Things of that nature. And if possible I'd like to be able to change the silver trim to something else. If I can get that I'd probably be well set. But, considering in just barely over a year I've put over 60k miles on it and everything still works flawlessly other then my seat position buttons not working, but that was already how it was when I got it. So any advice and maybe other ideas would be awesome, thank you.
Coldwar

I changed can out the footwell lights with no snags using 168 sized bulbs I believe
dslatsh

What does no snags mean? My foot well light has been broken since I bought it used :( guessing the person before didn't notice the "be careful when removing panel to not damage the foot well wiring"
KuroNekko

Coldwar wrote:I changed can out the footwell lights with no snags using 168 sized bulbs I believe
I think you're talking about the door puddle lights. The footwell lights are literally above the foot area for the front passenger and driver and are orange LEDs.
dslatsh wrote:What does no snags mean? My foot well light has been broken since I bought it used :( guessing the person before didn't notice the "be careful when removing panel to not damage the foot well wiring"
By "no snags", I think he means without problems. Also, are you sure they aren't turned off? Pull the "DISP" button for several seconds. You will enter a menu in the instrument cluster info display to change some settings. One of them is for the footwell lights. If I recall correctly, you can turn them on with the lights, with only the door opening, or completely off. If both sides are off, there is a good chance they were turned off.
Rokko wrote:I was hoping to get some advice on possible upgrades to the interior of my kizzy. Currently my primary focus is the red mood lighting that's in effect when just driving at night, maybe making them a bit brighter. Nothing crazy. And making the lights from the footwell match the rest of the lighting. Things of that nature..
These are LEDs therefore changing the output or color would require getting different emitters. It's a rather complicated process of removing the old emitters and then soldering on new ones on the circuit board that houses the LEDs.
A process like this is what you're looking at:
http://www.mazda3forums.com/149-interio ... ights.html
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

I changed the footwell lights to red LEDs on my Kizashi. I just used red LEDs and tapped into the existing wiring.
dslatsh

Yeah the passenger side foot well are on and I checked the settings....I don't even see a bulb...could anyone if possible maybe post a pic of what it looks like under the dash with wire...I'm a little nervous to take the passenger panel off and ruin the footwell for that side
Latimer

dslatsh wrote:Yeah the passenger side foot well are on and I checked the settings....I don't even see a bulb...could anyone if possible maybe post a pic of what it looks like under the dash with wire...I'm a little nervous to take the passenger panel off and ruin the footwell for that side
Yeah, anyone got a pic? I'm trying to setup some lighting in the footwell.