Wheels..

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Kizashiguy15

Evening gentlemen and maybe even ladies, I have a 2010 Kizashi awd black and I wanna start fixing it up a little and I'm kinda stumped because o don't know which kind of wheels I should throw on my ride. I was thinking about painting my emblems and calibers a lime greenish to give it the monster look to it. Suggestions?? On wheels and me painting it.?
Woodie

This is so much a personal choice that no one else can tell you what to do. The most popular style right now is hated and despised by anyone over 40. I see cars every day which the owner has spent a lot of time and effort to make it look idiotic, yet I'm certain that when he pulls up to a crowd of his contemporaries, they ooh and ah with appreciation.

In my opinion neon colors have no place on the outside of a car, chrome should be kept to a minimum, chrome wheels are garish, all black wheels look as if you parked in the wrong part of town, someone stole your hubcaps and you can't be bothered to fix it. The best looking wheels are black or gunmetal spokes with a big machined rim, but that's just the opinion of one man, and a fairly old man at that.

Go to TireRack or Discount Tire Direct and look for yourself, they've got twenty pages of wheels that will fit your car from $100 to $400 a piece. I think these are nice:
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
WESHOOT2

If it matters, light-weight wheels enhance acceleration significantly.
MrNWA

i put chrome 20s on mine looked good with the chrome already on the car
Marcov71

What's the weight of the 18" wheels on the 2012 gts model?
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
Woodie

A lot, and the 2010 GTS wheels are worse. I think WESHOOT2 knows the exact poundage.
Marcov71

Really? I was under the impression that OEM Kizashi wheels were light weight. If, the weigh as much as aftermarkets, I'd rather go that route instead of having them powder coated/painted.
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
kconklin33

I've fitted quite a bit of wheels on my car. For starters, 18-19" and no more than 11" wide. Wheels are completely preference, I would suggest looking into Watercooled Ind, Rotiform, Work, BBS, Rays Engineering etc... if you're looking for quality. Otherwise reps like XXR, Klutch, ESR, ESM are cheap and effective. I currently have 2 sets for sale if interested.
MrNWA

its the SLS that has the light weight wheels and it has a different suspension setup lower and stiffer i cant remember the weight exactly but the SLS does have lighter wheels
Woodie

SLS and GTS got the same wheels, at least here in the USA. The early rims (2010 and 2011) are two pounds heavier than the newer 18" rims. I'm seeing lots of info saying that the stock rims are 28 lbs, not sure if that means 28 and 30 or 26 and 28. The 17" rim is 22.8 lbs. It's easy to find aftermarket 19" rims at 23 lbs, a savings of five pounds per corner. If you spend more money you can get below 20.