Anyone downgraded size of wheels and tires on SLS AWD?

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
phatbutter2

I have a 2012 AWD SLS and am considering purchasing 17" (that are also thinner) aftermarket wheels to replace the stock 18"s to save as much weight as possible on each corner. Has anyone done this? and if you have did you notice any negative affects to handling/corner?
"The Kizash" 2012 Kizashi Sport SLS AWD - Black pearl
KuroNekko

phatbutter2 wrote:I have a 2012 AWD SLS and am considering purchasing 17" (that are also thinner) aftermarket wheels to replace the stock 18"s to save as much weight as possible on each corner. Has anyone done this? and if you have did you notice any negative affects to handling/corner?
Typically, people don't want to go smaller for performance. Having larger wheels and therefore larger tires increases traction and cornering ability. If you're trying to reduce weight, I think the material and engineering of the wheel is the critical aspect, not the size.
About the only time people try to get smaller wheels and tires than stock is for winter sets. Narrower snow tires are generally better for snow.
The Kizashi's OE wheels are known to be rather heavy so people have sought out lightweight aftermarket wheels but a reduction in wheel size would be counteracting the performance gains of a weight reduction. I'm no expert but I think the goal is to keep size up while keeping weight down.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
phatbutter2

Thanks for your input!
"The Kizash" 2012 Kizashi Sport SLS AWD - Black pearl
chris.brown

I have a 2013 sls awd and 18 Klasse rims and low pro skins. I plan on going 17 with higher profile studded in winter. Any suggestions on good rim, skin combo? Thanks