Standard halogens vs osram night breakers? Any thoughts?

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
thakurhitesh10

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, although i have been visiting for more than a year i have signed up today.
So i want to upgrade the lights on my car its a manual 2012 kizashi front wheel drive India (probably asian) model.
I was looking at osram night breakers unlimited as a replacement for low beams in projectors.
What do you guys suggest? Any ideas?
Woodie

Expect them to have 1/4 the lifespan of the factory bulbs. The bumper needs to be removed to replace them.

http://store.candlepower.com/osnibr.html
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
cobymark

The osram is slightly brighter that the stock halogens.
thakurhitesh10

So I guess I will wait for my standard halogens to burn out, they have not died since 2012, and then maybe i'll switch to leds. hopefully there will be some standard brands for leds too in the market
KuroNekko

High output halogens like the Osram Night Breakers Unlimited will have a shorter life as others stated. These kinds of high performance bulbs sacrifice bulb life for the sake of higher output. For higher performing headlights with better longevity, you should upgrade to HID or LED kits. I've experimented with high output halogens for years and will say they are no match for HID and LEDs.

The LED kit you linked looked rather low quality. They may work fine for a short time but the LED emitters don't look like they are brand name like CREE, Philips (Lumileds), or Nichia. Another concern is the fan. LEDs need fans and/or heat sinks to keep the emitter from getting too hot for its own good. Low quality fans will likely fail quickly, compromising the bulb. I'd go with higher quality LED kits for better reliability.

HID kits are older technology but have good reliability and better headlight compatibility. They work well in projector headlights like the ones for the low beams in the Kizashi. It's less trial-and-error with HID bulbs than LED in my opinion. I personally run HIDs for my low beams though I have LEDs for my high beams which are also Daytime Running Lights in North American Kizashis. Also, the low beam and high beam both use H7 bulbs so I could use the LEDs for my low beams if I wanted. I just never tried them that way.

The H7 LEDs I have are branded versions of these generic ones that I found in the website you linked. They are identical in every way to the ones I have that function reliably. However, I have not tried them in the low beams so I can't really comment on how well they work in that application.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Set-H ... 40143.html

Other people have had good experiences with other higher quality LED kits like OPT7 and others.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
thakurhitesh10

So, Can I use leds in the low beams i.e projectors? I have seen some videos on youtube where the h7 leds dont fit inside the projectors due to their head being bigger than standard h7 halogens. Is that the case with kizashi?
KuroNekko

thakurhitesh10 wrote:So, Can I use leds in the low beams i.e projectors? I have seen some videos on youtube where the h7 leds dont fit inside the projectors due to their head being bigger than standard h7 halogens. Is that the case with kizashi?
Whether an LED bulb is compatible depends on the design of that particular bulb. That's the problem with LED kits. They vary in size, shape, emitter type and number, cooling apparatus, etc. Some will work great in the Kizashi while others may not. This is why I prefer HIDs which are a much safer bet for compatibility and output performance.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)