Service Engine light

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Prowler1

Hello fellow Kizashi owners, on my way home from work I had the service engine light come on.The car seems to run fine but I must mention a day prior I had the CVT fluid changed and oil changed. Is there any correlation or should I got the car scanned for codes? Is there a way to clear the code to see if it returns?

100k miles and still looks and drives like a dream!

All input trlly appreciated.
KuroNekko

Prowler1 wrote:Hello fellow Kizashi owners, on my way home from work I had the service engine light come on.The car seems to run fine but I must mention a day prior I had the CVT fluid changed and oil changed. Is there any correlation or should I got the car scanned for codes? Is there a way to clear the code to see if it returns?

100k miles and still looks and drives like a dream!

All input trlly appreciated.
Go to Autozone and get the code read for free. They should give you a print-out of what the code entails.
You could disconnect the battery to clear the CEL, but if it's a reoccurring issue, it will come back on after a little while. You might as well find out what the issue is.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Prowler1

Will the code point me to what the issue is? Can anyone on this form decipher the code? thanks for the quick response.
KuroNekko

Autozone or any auto parts store will do it for free and should give you a print-out of not only the code, but what the code entails. Like a thermostat failure or oxygen sensor malfunction, etc. It will be something like P0420. You can then google search "Suzuki P0420" for the most likely culprit and the solutions.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

Could be as simple as a loose gas cap.

Get the actual code from the auto parts store, sometimes their interpretation of it is biased by what part they can get you to buy.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
LPSISRL

Woodie is correct. Did you just fill up with gas?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Prowler1

OK ran the codes and it seems as the culprit is P0137 - which points to Bank (Cylinder) 1 sensor 2. Can anyone give me a idea on where this would be located in the engine compartment? thank you so much for you time, help and responses!!!!!

I wish it was as easy as the gas cap thing.

I am hoping I can order and replace myself.
Woodie

Low voltage from your second oxygen sensor. It's in the exhaust pipe after the catalytic converter. I'd try unplugging it and plugging it back in first.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Prowler1

Will do Woodie!

I priced out a new one from NAPA and for a NGK replacement it was approx $240.00 plus tax.
Does the plug run to the top of the engine or do Is it accessed from below?
Thanks for the image!!!!!
LPSISRL

rockauto.com has it for $152.00
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)