Blower Motor

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
krell

My blower making a howling sound seem like the shaft bearing or bushing gone bad , how hard is it to change the blower motor.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
Triggerhappy

Pretty easy using a short screwdriver. I replaced mine in 2015. It's located on the passenger side under the glovebox.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
mctator

Where did you get your replacement blower motor? I'm having a hell of a time finding one.
krell

Mine making a howling sound also... got a used motor from ALL FOREIGN PARTS in Pittsburgh PA 412782-5580 plenty on Flee Bay.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
rossirob73

Triggerhappy wrote:Pretty easy using a short screwdriver. I replaced mine in 2015. It's located on the passenger side under the glovebox.
What part did you change as my car makes the same noise and it's annoying. Behind the glove box is the cabin filter..

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
soylentgreen

rossirob73 wrote:
Triggerhappy wrote:Pretty easy using a short screwdriver. I replaced mine in 2015. It's located on the passenger side under the glovebox.
What part did you change as my car makes the same noise and it's annoying. Behind the glove box is the cabin filter..

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
It would be the blower unit, it's responsible for pushing air into the cabin it sits behind the glove box, above the filter.
you can get second hand units off ebay or new cores elsewhere https://www.fitinpart.sg/is a good start.