Any advice on air suspension?

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
thakurhitesh10

So I plan to keep this car forever now since the resale is pathetic and i wont be able to buy any similar car new with the money i get for this.

So i am looking to make some upgrades.
Is it possible to install air suspensions to make the ride more supple.
The roads are getting worse every year and i would like to have a suspension that is comfortable Around the city.

I have been in s classes and 7 series , and can we get something close to that?
If not air suspension what the next best option for Kizashi?
Woodie

This could be opening up a Pandora's box of complexity. The engineers who design cars spend six months to a year balancing and tuning every aspect of a car's suspension. You may find that once you get a smoother ride, your Kizashi is no longer the car you fell in love with, you may as well have bought a Buick from the get go.

Easiest way would be wheels and tires. Kizashi S came with 215/60-16 tires, GTS and SLS came with 235/45-18. These tire combinations are pretty much the same diameter, but one has two inches more rubber than the other. Some lightweight 16's would improve the ride quite a bit, but you're going to lose some of the firmly planted feel of the Kizashi.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
LPSISRL

You can always sit on a pillow too! :lol:
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
thakurhitesh10

So , if not any air suspension, can you suggest a suspension upgrade? Anything to improve on the current setup? Thanks.
KuroNekko

thakurhitesh10 wrote:So , if not any air suspension, can you suggest a suspension upgrade? Anything to improve on the current setup? Thanks.
What's the age and mileage of your vehicle? I ask because maybe you don't need upgraded suspension but more a replacement of the old ones with new ones of the same type. Worn or faulty suspension certainly degrade a vehicle's ride comfort and the Kizashi is known to have defective rear suspension. Also, there aren't much choices for suspension upgrades for the Kizashi. Nearly all spring sets are to lower the car and the only full suspension set I know of firms up the suspension considerably, making the Kizashi less comfortable.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
thakurhitesh10

My car is a 2012 model... and its done 60k kms.. which isnt much but its always jittery while driving and even small bumps unsettle it
KuroNekko

thakurhitesh10 wrote:My car is a 2012 model... and its done 60k kms.. which isnt much but its always jittery while driving and even small bumps unsettle it
Did you check your rear shocks? These are known to fail prematurely due to corrosion caused by a faulty bump stopper design. When my rears were going out at under 30k miles, the ride quality was significantly degraded. The new shocks restored it.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)