Performance Shocks and Struts

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
SRN

Been searching around and have not found much. I'd like to find some that are stiffer that my stock ones and all I seem to be finding is stock replacement. Nothing by Koni, Spax, Bilstein.
Anyone know of any?
1986 Suzuki Samurai JX (Tintop)
1990 Mazda Miata
1994 Isuzu Trooper
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport (6MT)
KuroNekko

Sounds like you are no longer interested in keeping the Kizashi stock for Autocross.
As for the shocks, the only known performance shocks are from KW of Germany. They are apparently only sold in Europe, but I'm sure you can import them if they are still made and sold there.
Here's the link to the product:
http://www.kwsuspensions.co.uk/kw-coilo ... ?typ=22554
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SRN

KuroNekko wrote:Sounds like you are no longer interested in keeping the Kizashi stock for Autocross.
As for the shocks, the only known performance shocks are from KW of Germany. They are apparently only sold in Europe, but I'm sure you can import them if they are still made and sold there.
Here's the link to the product:
http://www.kwsuspensions.co.uk/kw-coilo ... ?typ=22554
Looks like those are coilovers, can't run those and stay in H-Street, unfortunately.
Rules for H-Street say that you can install stiffer shocks and struts, as long as they do not change the ride height. And you cannot change the spring rate. Most of the guys in my class are running Koni Yellows on their cars, but they don't have those for the Kizashi (of course!).
I've been getting better and better, usually fighting for 3rd or 4th in class out of 10 or so. Just need to find a couple more tenths!
1990 Mazda Miata
1994 Isuzu Trooper
KuroNekko

In that case, I've seen nothing. It's hard enough getting just aftermarket springs for the Kizashi, but shocks alone are something I've not heard about other than the OE KYB replacements. The KW coilovers are the only complete set for the Kizashi I've ever seen.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
CG1

I have fabricated a set of Koni SA coilovers for my car, and I have the constituents to make another set if you're interested. Hell, I may just part with my set as I think I'll end up with bags anyway, and won't need the extra damping if I can get more ride height whenever I need it. Right now they are setup with 6.5K front springs and Koni WRX dampers.
The rear end is easy to tweak, with separate dampers rather than a coilover design. We can talk about that as well if you're interested.

Mail me as I don't check here too often. My mail on my profile should still be valid.
SRN

CG1 wrote:I have fabricated a set of Koni SA coilovers for my car, and I have the constituents to make another set if you're interested. Hell, I may just part with my set as I think I'll end up with bags anyway, and won't need the extra damping if I can get more ride height whenever I need it. Right now they are setup with 6.5K front springs and Koni WRX dampers.
The rear end is easy to tweak, with separate dampers rather than a coilover design. We can talk about that as well if you're interested.

Mail me as I don't check here too often. My mail on my profile should still be valid.
Thanks for the offer, but that sort of setup would move me into a Street Prepared class which I'm not interested in doing.
1990 Mazda Miata
1994 Isuzu Trooper
CG1

SRN wrote:Thanks for the offer, but that sort of setup would move me into a Street Prepared class which I'm not interested in doing.
Sure. Well, if it helps, the inserts from the WRX will fit in our strut bodies and provide a pretty solid working range in terms of stroke. Your droop will be curtailed, but the r/h and spring compliance will stay the same.

Like I said, the rears are easy. You'll just want to find units with similar extended/compressed lengths (and end connections) and bolt them on. For this, you can even go with cheap KYB's as our dampers don't have a ton of damping to begin with, so many OE replacement units for another cars will offer an intermediate step up in damping. I think I used some from an older Corrolla and they were straight dialed, and were $30/side.

Something tells me, though, that the rules are more like .. if it's not marketed for the car, you can't used it. In which case, you're stuck. Unless you feel like going by the spirit of the law, which in my mind is more about what you can tamper with, versus whose products you can source.

Anyway, good luck. If any of my strange research can help you, let me know. I've taken the suspension apart more times than I care to remember, and have mocked up half as many suspension setups. I have an affinity for doing things that haven't been done before (and therefore have no guides to follow). :mrgreen: