Kizashi Rims

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Abdullah

Hello everyone Image
I hope all the well and staying safe.
My 2015 Kizashi has 17" stock rims. So I was thinking of changing then to 18" but when trying to I found two different designs... So which one it is lol... And if you guys say don't buy stock, instead buy light weight alloy then which company/brand alloy rims do you guys recommend? The third picture of the stock 17" rims I got on my carImageImageImage

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

KuroNekko

So in the United States, all three wheels were offered. The top is the "Sport" wheel introduced in model year 2011 on. These are said to be lighter in weight than the middle 18 inch wheel. I believe it was 2 lbs lighter, if my memory serves me right. The middle wheel was the non-Sport 18 inch wheel found on the GTS and SLS before model year 2011 in the US. The third wheels is the 17 inch alloy that was found with the SE models here.

I personally have the top wheel and think it looks the best out of the three. So, which one should you get? None of them. The reason is that these wheels are all heavy and the paint is terrible. The paint chips off easily with the Sport wheel much like the rest of the car. Other members have aftermarket wheels that are significantly lighter in weight and helped lower the unsprung weight of the vehicle. I think these are great reasons to go with a quality aftermarket wheel over the OE selection which are likely overpriced anyway. As for aftermarket wheels, I'm sure others have better opinions than I do as I've never had aftermarket wheels before.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Abdullah

KuroNekko wrote:So in the United States, all three wheels were offered. The top is the "Sport" wheel introduced in model year 2011 on. These are said to be lighter in weight than the middle 18 inch wheel. I believe it was 2 lbs lighter, if my memory serves me right. The middle wheel was the non-Sport 18 inch wheel found on the GTS and SLS before model year 2011 in the US. The third wheels is the 17 inch alloy that was found with the SE models here.

I personally have the top wheel and think it looks the best out of the three. So, which one should you get? None of them. The reason is that these wheels are all heavy and the paint is terrible. The paint chips off easily with the Sport wheel much like the rest of the car. Other members have aftermarket wheels that are significantly lighter in weight and helped lower the unsprung weight of the vehicle. I think these are great reasons to go with a quality aftermarket wheel over the OE selection which are likely overpriced anyway. As for aftermarket wheels, I'm sure others have better opinions than I do as I've never had aftermarket wheels before.
Hmm... Okay if I buying from the usa then do you know any good brand? I am in Pakistan but I can get them shipped through sea cargo here ..... Original light weight alloy wheels are very expensive here... And I don't want to buy cheap knock offs. Which are mostly sold here for originals.

KuroNekko

You can start by different ways:
Find a vendor and buy from their selection or select the wheel you want and find a vendor for it.
I personally think fitting Asian cars with Asian aftermarket parts, American cars with American aftermarket, Euro to Euro, etc. is the way to go for a look that fits nicely.
Check out this resource I found regarding JDM wheels.
https://www.croooober.com/en/page/The-C ... ?locale=en
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Abdullah

KuroNekko wrote:You can start by different ways:
Find a vendor and buy from their selection or select the wheel you want and find a vendor for it.
I personally think fitting Asian cars with Asian aftermarket parts, American cars with American aftermarket, Euro to Euro, etc. is the way to go for a look that fits nicely.
Check out this resource I found regarding JDM wheels.
https://www.croooober.com/en/page/The-C ... ?locale=en
Thanks a million.... This one is sexyImage

old tech

Aftermarket rims are nice for looks and saving weight but usually are much more fragile and less corrosive resistant. I would also stay away from the ones that require the special thin walled anti -theft socket. It may not be a problem where you are but in my area , these lug nuts and rims corrode together so bad. If you are after a quality rim for a bargain price, a Toyota Highlander , newer Camry or RAV4 is the perfect donor. You would have to buy a set of the 12 x 1:25 mm hat style lugs on e bay though. The same bolt pattern is also on Nissan , Hyundai and Kia but on these a hub centric collar shim should be used as with all aftermarkets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Abdullah

old tech wrote:Aftermarket rims are nice for looks and saving weight but usually are much more fragile and less corrosive resistant. I would also stay away from the ones that require the special thin walled anti -theft socket. It may not be a problem where you are but in my area , these lug nuts and rims corrode together so bad. If you are after a quality rim for a bargain price, a Toyota Highlander , newer Camry or RAV4 is the perfect donor. You would have to buy a set of the 12 x 1:25 mm hat style lugs on e bay though. The same bolt pattern is also on Nissan , Hyundai and Kia but on these a hub centric collar shim should be used as with all aftermarkets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the main reason why I am hesitate in buying aftermarket unless the company is know that their wheels are up to par. Roads in your part of the world are good but here small ditch in the roads, cracks, cat eyes that are an inch or more tall are very, very common.

Abdullah

What do you guys think.... Will these look good with my white kizashi ? 18" ImageImage

Cantab

Yep 8-) 8-) 8-)
Woodie

I bet they'll look great on a white car. What size are they?

EDIT Oh my, need to work on my reading comprehension. You said 18" right there.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency