Disc brake rotors

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Abdullah

I was thinking of changing or upgrading my disc brake rotors, front and back, but I don't know which company is good. There is Stop tech, PowerStop, EBC, SP Performance, R1 concepts, ATL Auto sports and Centric etc.... So which ones do you recommend or have used ?

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

KuroNekko

I personally have StopTech slotted rotors. I got these after my OE rotors warped after an overheat on a mountain downhill run. I've had these StopTech rotors for several years now and they have been great. No issues at all. They will be changed out at the next brake pad service because it's time but I would recommend these from my own experience. While I don't have PowerStop rotors, I've used their Z23 brake pads with good results. I think most of these brands are a safe bet and if you want upgraded braking performance in demanding conditions, get slotted/drilled rotors. However, these tend to wear out brake pads faster and can't be resurfaced. That's the trade-off (worth it in my opinion).
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

The SP Preformance rotors were great.

Less money? Brake Performance.

StopTech and EBC have good reputations.....
Ronzuki

Howdy gang. Been forever since I've logged in here.

What's wrong with the OE rotors? I just replaced the original Akebono pads at @98k miles and there's nothing wrong with the original rotors. Why change them at all?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:23 pm Howdy gang. Been forever since I've logged in here.

What's wrong with the OE rotors? I just replaced the original Akebono pads at @98k miles and there's nothing wrong with the original rotors. Why change them at all?
Welcome back!
In my experience and that of some others, the rotors don't keep up in demanding use, especially downhill. Mine warped after brake fade and I've upgraded them to aftermarket slotted rotors, which have offered better performance in more demanding conditions. The OE rotors are fine for normal use. Of course, this is more opinion than anything.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
harryyy

Abdullah wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:40 pm I was thinking of changing or upgrading my disc brake rotors, front and back, but I don't know which company is good. There is Stop tech, PowerStop, EBC, SP Performance, R1 concepts, ATL Auto sports and Centric etc.... So which ones do you recommend or have used ?

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
When it comes to choosing disc brake rotors, it's important to consider factors like quality, performance, and personal preferences. While I can't provide personal experiences as an AI, I can offer some general guidance. StopTech, PowerStop, EBC, SP Performance, R1 Concepts, ATL Auto Sports, and Centric are all reputable brands known for their quality products. To make a decision, I recommend researching customer reviews, comparing features, and considering any specific requirements you may have for your vehicle. Additionally, reaching out to automotive enthusiasts or seeking advice from trusted mechanics can provide valuable insights and recommendations based on their experiences. Ultimately, selecting the right brand will depend on factors such as your budget, desired performance, and the specific needs of your vehicle.