Road//Race has released some parts.

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
gaww

speedsterz wrote:This is probably the wrong forum to post a reply but I just wanted to publicly back anything that comes out of Road Race Motorsport's garage. I am a previous owner of a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT and prior to my Kizashi a 2009 Lancer GTS, both of which had a good amount of RRM aftermarket parts. They were of the highest quality and the customer service was always stellar.
I was considering the piggyback Control module until I ran into several negative posts on similar devices from them in another make forum . Also, they would not make available dyno results.
GOATLEAK

What negative posts did you run into? I have their short ram and piggy and my car is running just fine. I'll dyno my car when the time is right. No need for dyno time just for a couple of parts.
Amedia1

GOATLEAK wrote:What negative posts did you run into? I have their short ram and piggy and my car is running just fine. I'll dyno my car when the time is right. No need for dyno time just for a couple of parts.
I have the piggy and intake, as well; I'm quite happy with them.
gaww

GOATLEAK wrote:What negative posts did you run into? I have their short ram and piggy and my car is running just fine. I'll dyno my car when the time is right. No need for dyno time just for a couple of parts.
This post below appeared in another thread here. Bottom line was the electronics, not the "hard" upgrades - like the intake, etc were the issue.

BK20T wrote:Just a FYI from a fellow car performance enthusiast. Be careful of RRM products!

http://www.gencoupe.com/engine/34214-wh ... -nspp.html
http://www.gencoupe.com/3-8-v6/33240-of ... ead-6.html
http://www.gencoupe.com/3-8-v6/33793-go ... -nspp.html
http://www.gencoupe.com/3-8-v6/33471-ns ... story.html (owner ended up wanting a refund after he noticed slower 0-60 times with NSPP installed)

They have since, for the most part, quit posting all together and haven't responded to anyone about a refund for a product that doesn't work at all how it was, or is still, being marketed. 2.0T NSPP users were showing 15:1 a/f ratios, getting random CEL's pop up, having no start issues, etc. Some V6 owners actually LOST power from the NSPP and even after getting "the fix" of tuning software from Rock weren't able to make more than 1-2hp over stock.

It would be helpful if there was a before and after dyno of the Piggyback only, as all the improvements could be from the short ram (which I am still considering). It sounds like RRM has that, but will not turn it loose.
RiteRome

I was looking into the piggy back and i was reading some negative comments about them so i decided to go straight to the source and i called RRM. It seems that RRM makes a few different tuning products, the NSPP which has some what of a bad rep over in the Genesis community. However they also make a piggy back ecu which is a completely different product and that is the part they are offering from the Kizashi, apparently they use different technology. I was reading some threads over on evom about the Piggy back and there seems to be a pretty positive attitude towards that product. I just wanted to get some stuff straight before we go discussing the wrong product. I think we will have to see how it all plays out.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/lancer-gen ... erged.html
GOATLEAK

Amedia1 wrote:
I purchased the piggy back first, I had to get the intake right after. They really compliment each other well. What are your future plans for the car. Exhaust?
RiteRome

GOATLEAK wrote:
Amedia1 wrote:
I purchased the piggy back first, I had to get the intake right after. They really compliment each other well. What are your future plans for the car. Exhaust?

let me know if you get the exhaust....i have been thinking of that after intake a piggy.
TheHolyGhost

I believe someone did throw on a catback system, I haven't heard about the results yet.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Amedia1

RiteRome wrote: let me know if you get the exhaust....i have been thinking of that after intake a piggy.
I did the exhaust when I did the intake and piggy. I love it; it sounds great! I couldn't give you any performance impressions of the exhaust, specifically, because all the parts were put on at the same time (piggy, pulley, intake and exhaust).
RiteRome

Amedia1 wrote:
RiteRome wrote: let me know if you get the exhaust....i have been thinking of that after intake a piggy.
I did the exhaust when I did the intake and piggy. I love it; it sounds great! I couldn't give you any performance impressions of the exhaust, specifically, because all the parts were put on at the same time (piggy, pulley, intake and exhaust).
i am glad u like the sound, i don't want my car to be to loud but i want some rumble, i will probably do this mod when i get some more money. :D