High speed avoidance

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
TObject

I was one third into a lane change at 65 MPH when another car started to move into the same lane unexpectedly. The other motorist did not see me and was moving into the lane fast. Without employing brakes I executed the first half of the standard emergency avoidance maneuver. The car leaned quite a bit, tires squealed. I am happy to report that the Kizashi held the road in most excellent manner. The steering performance was superb. I felt I had control of the car at all times.

I knew Kizashis have excellent lateral stability, but I was impressed nevertheless.
Northernstar

glad to hear everything's alright
nytq

I have to say after driving a few years now in a pretty aggresive and poor weather environment (tristate area) this car is excellent for dealing with idiots on the road.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Eric998765

I had a similar experience driving to Memphis TN two weeks ago, except for instead of a dodging a car, it was a huge big rig tire that had blown and was coming straight towards my windshield. I quickly swerved to the other lane (I knew there wans't a car over there) and felt completely safe the entire time...no tire squeal, no slipage, just absolutely glued to the road, it was pretty impressive.
gaww

Not surprising.

A post early on showed a emergency lane change test of 5 0r 6 cars in Europe including this one. It did the best, while an Audi did the worst - professional driver almost lost it.
Northernstar

gaww wrote:Not surprising.

A post early on showed a emergency lane change test of 5 0r 6 cars in Europe including this one. It did the best, while an Audi did the worst - professional driver almost lost it.
do you have the link for the post?
gaww

Northernstar wrote:
gaww wrote:Not surprising.

do you have the link for the post?
Sorry - it was about a year ago, and am not sure it it was in this sub-forum or one of the others.

Edit - it might have been in 2009. It was a video of the actual tests and the recap of the results.
~tc~

2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Northernstar

lol, thanks??
just realized i have seen video and post already. I thought it was a new one.
gaww

Northernstar wrote:lol, thanks??
just realized i have seen video and post already. I thought it was a new one.
That was not the one I mentioned. I tried to Google it, but did not find it. It is buried somewhere in the forum (searching keywords but no luck). I now think it was in 2009 - but not sure.

It was narrated and was on flat road in Europe and was much more impressive - especially when the Audi tried fly off the road.

Forum Moderator - you probably remember seeing it - can you post the link for this gentleman please!!