Kizashi from Singapore! Update... :)

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
yorkshireman

Hello :mrgreen: a whitey with 18" Breyton...

Last edited by yorkshireman on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Trailboss

Welcome to the forum, nice ride you have there!

The European plate definitely, follows the contour of the car better than the more squared American ones. I'm glad I no longer live in California though, no front plate required...

With the population density of Singapore, is it pretty expensive to own and garage a car there?
yorkshireman

Trailboss wrote:Welcome to the forum, nice ride you have there!

The European plate definitely, follows the contour of the car better than the more squared American ones. I'm glad I no longer live in California though, no front plate required...

With the population density of Singapore, is it pretty expensive to own and garage a car there?
Thanks!

Yes, indeed it is a costly affair to own a car in this "Red Dot" (an affectionate name given by an ex-Indonesian president) on the world map. The relationship starts with a bid of a certificate of entitlement, locally known as COE before you can even start thinking of buying a car, and the COE bidding can reach in excess of another car's price; the last result for car's capacity above 1601cc hit S$76000, almost US$60000.

A recent policy that limits car growth rate to a mere 0.5% a year will see car prices rocket to Mars in no time..... :shock:
Trailboss

Wow...and I complained about the $428.00 taxes on my new car.... ;)

Under the headlights of your car is a raised section of the bumper..a rectangle/ trianglish section...my model doesn't have it...

OzzieKizzy

[quote="Trailboss"]Wow...and I complained about the $428.00 taxes on my new car.... ;)

Under the headlights of your car is a raised section of the bumper..a rectangle/ trianglish section...my model doesn't have it...

I think that is actually where they hide the head light washers
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
yorkshireman

@Trailboss, yes, that's the headlight washer; but i'll settle for your sports bumper anytime.

@OzzieKizzy, i assume you're from Australia? Is there any after market accessories for Kizashi at Melbourne? Will be visiting Melbourne next Sunday :mrgreen:
Trailboss

OzzieKizzy wrote:
I think that is actually where they hide the head light washers
OzzieKizzy

@OzzieKizzy, i assume you're from Australia? Is there any after market accessories for Kizashi at Melbourne? Will be visiting Melbourne next Sunday :mrgreen:[/quote]

Hi Yorkshireman!

I am from Australia, a little to the left of Melbourne, in Adelaide! To be honest, I doubt you would find many aftermarket options here in Oz at all. I would suggest you would only be able to secure some stuff through a dealership, but any performance accessories would most likely have to come from the U.S.
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
yorkshireman

Thanks! Was hoping to pick up some performance stuffs in Oz since the Kizzy community in Singapore is rather small. Wouldn't mind US like RRM, but the shipment fee is a killer, double the item price! :evil:
OzzieKizzy

Yeah thats the problem at the moment. I am seeing more and more Kizashi's on the road here now, but I guess it will still be a way off before we see someone producing performance parts for it locally.

Maybe RRM will set up an Australian branch....hint hint......
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav