JUST BOUGHT 2012 MY13 AWD Sport .....

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Tamstaz

Hi first post - just bought the car. Love the look and the inside features. The update model now has sat nav and reverse camera. ( although reverse camera is pretty basic)
Very happy over all with the car. :P
Attachments
Pic of new car
Pic of new car
Northernstar

looking good!!
suzboy

Really nice! Glad to see a MY13 model (although the outside of the car probably hasn't changed) and welcome to the club.
2011 Mineral Grey Kizashi Prestige
D3lusion

Looks amazing in Red mate, made me regret getting a white Sports AWD.

Look like you're in Australia? I am in Sydney and where I live there isn't many Kizashi around at all, only saw another Red Sports AWD going around in my area.
Tamstaz

Hi thanks for your replies. Yes D3lusion - I really like the red now it has grown on me - i orginaly wanted the grey -but my boyfriend talked me into the red. Yes I live in Melbourne. I dont see that many Kizzys getting around -and actually Im glad of that fact - nothing worse than owning a car and "every man and his dog" has one. They replaced the car I bought off the show room floor with a white one - it looks great too. The only thing that dissapoints me with the reverse camera is - it doesnt have the lines to guide you and the bottom of the screen is taken up by the rear bumper....not sure if thats how its supposed to look?
D3lusion

Yes D3lusion - I really like the red now it has grown on me - i orginaly wanted the grey -but my boyfriend talked me into the red.
Lol funny you said that, I wanted the red but the wife talked me in getting the white.

I only got mine 2 weeks ago, got the 2012 MY11 model, got it for 35k :) so I missed out on the Sat Nav and reverse camera.
I dont see that many Kizzys getting around -and actually Im glad of that fact - nothing worse than owning a car and "every man and his dog" has one.
Since I bought the car I have seen more of them on the road to work, but most of them seems to be the Touring or Prestige model, not many Sports AWD. I actually almost ended up with an Honda Accord Euro, but I test drove the Kizashi I knew it was the car for me.

The CVT in the Kizashi takes a lot of getting use to, especially coming from a manual or traditional torque converter automatic, as the first 0-30km can feel awfully slow, but once you hit 35 or 40km the car accelerate damn quick.
murcod

Tamstaz wrote: The only thing that dissapoints me with the reverse camera is - it doesnt have the lines to guide you and the bottom of the screen is taken up by the rear bumper....not sure if thats how its supposed to look?
Any chance you could post a pic of what the reverse camera pic looks like? I've installed an aftermarket camera, it has got the lines (and distance measurements) but I don't think you'd want to rely on them. I find the bumper being in the pic is good as you then have a reference for the clearance/ distance to anything behind you.
David
Tamstaz

Hi David - Im having problems posting a pic -took it with my camera down loaded it onto pc - Im sorry - just a beginner with this site = The first pic I posted seemed to go through -but cant get it to work .... so dont know how to post the pic..let me know and I will be happy to send you the pic.
murcod

This site does seem to size limit photos. I normally host them off site and post a link, but even that can come unstuck with the size limits.

I'll try to remember to take a pic of what mine looks like. I checked and the "guide lines" on the screen on mine are simply distance markers. They might be accurate in some installs, but are way off on my Kizashi, the 3m line is more like 1m distance from the bumper! (It's an adjustable angle universal camera.) The picture is excellent though and it only cost $24 delivered. :)
David
Tamstaz

ok leave it with me - I will get my "computer savy" boyfriend to have a look at it for me tomorrow night -and hopefully send you the link or uploaded pic then. Cheers