JUST BOUGHT 2012 MY13 AWD Sport .....

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Tamstaz

So new speaker system is in. Mixed views about it. Firstly because they put in a good speaker system and built a box for a 8" sub woofer in the boot. The issue I have is that they were only given a certain budget to work with, so he said he put "great" speakers in the front with tweeters - because that's where I will hear the sound while Im driving...but it has the original speakers in the back -and they are shit!! so its sounds like its half done!! I'm still waiting on an email confirmation on what they have put in the car - (so that I can tell you guys) as well as let my insurance company know.
The next new issue I have is that the radio is static and doesn't hold a station very well.....the car yard tried to blame the Custom fit stereo place - who said its all connected and nothing to do with them. Then the car yard tried to blame the window tint mob (because the tint covers the antenna in the rear windscreen!! so now they told me they will contact me on Monday - well the service mob will - cant wait to hear what they are going to say!! Any thoughts on what I should be pushing for now??? I feel like it just keeps getting better with this car - issues that just seem to keep happening...(sorry turning into a sook now -I guess Im getting frustrated - when you buy a new car - you expect everything to be "spot on" :roll:
~tc~

I didn't have any issues with reception after tinting the windows.

As for the speakers - when you go to a concert, do you face the stage, or the back wall? If the rear speakers sound that bad, simply fade to the front more. The rears are only there for fill anyways - you should never notice they are specifically there, just that the environment sounds "full".
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
murcod

Yes, the audio place have done the right thing with the speakers. Fade it forwards so you can hardly hear the rear speakers (or all the way if there's never anyone in the rear who wants to hear them.) It would have been nice for them to tell you that beforehand though as you clearly haven't got what you were expecting!

What sort of tint have you got? If it's a metallic based tint then that is probably interfering with the radio antenna reception. The antenna is built into the rear window (like the demister) and a metallic tint effectively blocks the radio signal from certain angles. The tinting company should have known about that and not used a metallic based tint. (I've got a carbon based tint and have no problems.)
David
Tamstaz

HI - thanks for your replies.
Yes I get what you are saying with the speakers -it just doesn't sound like the Rockford : (
I dont know who did the tint -but they are saying its not them... and surprise surprise - no call from the service center on this issue!!
To top it all off - I have done damage to my knee and have been on crutches for the last 3 weeks -and probably another 3 - and I have other people driving my car !!! I dont even get to wear it in - or drive it!!!
murcod

Did you get the tint through the dealer when you bought it? If you did it's their problem to fix up.

Did they install an amplifier for the front speakers - or just the subwoofer? It might be the issue with it not sounding good.
David
Tamstaz

Hi David, yes the dealer got the car tint done -but they are saying that they dont use any thing in the tint to cause harm -Im still waiting for the service department to call me with a solution.
Yes I believe the sub is hooked up to the front speakers - when the car gets turned off - there is a delay with the sound still coming through the back sub woofer...Im still waiting on the audio guys to tell me what they have put in.
murcod

It does seem strange if you got the car with tint and the radio reception was fine before the new stereo install.....

Regarding the speaker sound, the factory front door speakers are "sealed" to the door trim using foam. That seal is probably important to improve the sound (particularly bass response) of the speaker. If they haven't done something similar then the sound quality will probably suffer. It's quite difficult to get the seal right when changing speakers because the factory speakers (in my case anyway with the Touring) have a thick spacer built into them, plus the foam edging for the seal.

The other thing is you need to find the amplifier/s and check what is hooked up. I'm wondering if the front speakers are still running off the factory headunit and only the sub is amplified? (Sorry, I don't get what you mean by "Yes I believe the sub is hooked up to the front speakers - when the car gets turned off - there is a delay with the sound still coming through the back sub woofer.." ) The delay would be from the amplifier switching off separately to the head unit, if the front speakers don't have the same delay then it is sounding like they aren't run through an amp? But I'm guessing....
David
Tamstaz

Hi David,
ok finally got given the list of stuff in the car...
Orion XTR Front Speakers - 6.5 2-way component system 120w
Arc Audio Three Channel Amplifier
Infinity Sub woofer and custom box
Yes the Amplifier is only powering the front speakers and the sub woofer.
Hope that makes sense to you -coz it doesn't really mean much to me! : )
I just hope its classed as a good system.
murcod

Orion and Arc Audio I'm not too sure on, but Infinity make some very nice speakers. (Infinity speakers in the front as well would have been very nice!)

The manual for the speakers is here http://www.orioncaraudio.com/attachment ... achment=58 (if you didn't get it supplied?) Sensitivity level is a bit low (90dB), but they're hooked up to the amp so that shouldn't be a problem.
Here's some advertised on Ebay : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Orion-XTR-62 ... 0701606904

Are you still not happy with the sound? The manual for the speakers does indicate that the sound level for the high frequency speakers (tweeters) can be adjusted- which would make a difference to the sound. (My guess is the crossover will probably be mounted behind the door trim somewhere and may be hard to access?)

The amplifier might be this one? http://www.arcaudio.com/product-pages/a ... xdi803.asp

Any luck sorting out the radio reception issues?
David
Tamstaz

Hi David,
Thanks for your reply and info. Its good to be able to see this stuff - especially seeing that the speakers were around the $200 mark for one set.
I still think they got out of it cheap though.
The speakers do sound good - I did manage to get in the car by myself and crank it up -as the kids complain too much about it being too loud!..Was happy with it.
The car is going to the service center on Monday to get the radio looked at. My guess is they will "wipe their hands of it" and say there is nothing wrong with it.
The car yard - to their credit are giving me a loan car for the day. I don't have much faith in the service mob -my boyfriend took my car there for its first service and said they were quite rude to deal with (they are the ones that did a shit job on the pre purchase washing of my car-which now has swirl marks) So dont be suprised if by Monday night I'm :lol: "going off my chops" on this site to vent.... :roll: