My spanish Kizashi

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Corocota

New tyres: Pirelli PZero Nero. I broke a tyre and I had to buy two new tyres.

And the pics about rear fog lights that KuroNekko wants to see.

I switch the lights on with this button (with the fog light symbol), turning it:

KuroNekko

Corocota,

Thanks for posting the pics. The Kizashi's rear fog lights light up nicely. I like them. My Kizashi has the space for them in the tail light, but no bulb nor a housing for a bulb there. American and Japanese cars don't have rear fog lights in their home markets given that the majority of drivers in those countries don't deal with much fog. I used to live on a mountain in California that had some serious fog so I gained an interest in fog lights.
European cars are about the only ones with rear fog lights in the US.

What is interesting to me is that your Kizashi has two separate controls for the front fog and the rear fog lights. The switch location for the rear fog lights is a blank for mine. From your picture, it looks like you can turn on the rear fog lights without turning on the front ones as your front fog light switch is not illuminated in the photo.

I once drove an Audi A4 that had rear fog lights, but the switch was on the headlight knob. Pull the knob once and it turned on front fog lights. Pull it two notches back and it lit up both the front and the rear fog lights.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
IshaanIan

I had no clue that rear fog lights aren't provided on the US spec Kizashis. I've got one here in India and though I'm not in a particularly foggy region here, I like using them when im stuck in traffic and some nut behind me leaves his high beam on :P
You know you guys should've got the rear fog lamps instead of those hideous orange extensions from your front bumpers I don't really know what they are for. Do they do something important?
Stodge

We don't get much fog here but rear fogs would be very useful in a blizzard.
KuroNekko

IshaanIan wrote:I had no clue that rear fog lights aren't provided on the US spec Kizashis. I've got one here in India and though I'm not in a particularly foggy region here, I like using them when im stuck in traffic and some nut behind me leaves his high beam on :P
You know you guys should've got the rear fog lamps instead of those hideous orange extensions from your front bumpers I don't really know what they are for. Do they do something important?
They are the front side markers. By law in the US, a vehicle has to have lights that can be visible from the side so the vehicle can be seen even without the headlights on. Many makers design their headlights so the turn signal bulbs serve as the side marker. Because the Kizashi's turn bulb only illuminates when the turn signal or hazard lights are on, there was a need to have these separate side markers. Most US market cars don't have position bulbs (the tiny bulb under the high beam bulb in our cars) but ours do. Most other cars use the turn signal bulbs to serve as position lights.
Corocota

Normally, european cars have all the lights (fog lights included) in one knob because their principal market is in Europe.

Not european cars have another principal market so they must adapt the cars for Europe. I think put in the dashboard another control is cheaper than put another whole light knob.

When cars are made in Europe for european market I think they have just one light knob (such as Suzuki SX4/Fiat Sedici, Kia Pro'Ceed, Suzuki Splash/Opel Agila...) althoug the firm isn't european.

I don't use these lights because here they aren't necessary but they are useful when the blizzard/fog is very heavy. You can see the car before you from a distance longer.

Cars can have just one rear fog light or two like the Kizashi. If the car has just one, normally it is in left rear side except in UK (here in rear right side). They use tail lights and they just put another bulb.

For example, Toyota GT86 has just one rear fog light in the middle of the rear bumper. Always there are exceptions.

I hope you can understand me. I sorry for my poor English.
KuroNekko

Corocota wrote:Normally, european cars have all the lights (fog lights included) in one knob because their principal market is in Europe.

Not european cars have another principal market so they must adapt the cars for Europe. I think put in the dashboard another control is cheaper than put another whole light knob.

When cars are made in Europe for european market I think they have just one light knob (such as Suzuki SX4/Fiat Sedici, Kia Pro'Ceed, Suzuki Splash/Opel Agila...) althoug the firm isn't european.

I don't use these lights because here they aren't necessary but they are useful when the blizzard/fog is very heavy. You can see the car before you from a distance longer.

Cars can have just one rear fog light or two like the Kizashi. If the car has just one, normally it is in left rear side except in UK (here in rear right side). They use tail lights and they just put another bulb.

For example, Toyota GT86 has just one rear fog light in the middle of the rear bumper. Always there are exceptions.

I hope you can understand me. I sorry for my poor English.
Your English is actually very good. I understood everything easily.

I have seen Euro cars with only one fog light. I also noticed that about the GT-86 (Scion FR-S for the US market along with the Subaru BRZ twin). The dealership where I got my used Kizashi was a Subaru dealership with a BRZ in the showroom. I asked the salesman of the middle light was rear fog light and he responded that it was just a reflector. I guess they put a bulb in there for Europe.

When I used to drive in very dense fog in the California mountains, I used to come up on cars much sooner than I expected because I could not see the tail lights until I got close. Rear fog lights make a lot of sense for anyone who has experienced very dense fog like I have. In the fog, I used to sometimes tap my brakes just to light up the rear of the car if I saw a car coming from behind in my mirrors. Rear fog lights would eliminate the need for such precautions.
Corocota

New pics.

A little route with the car, Coldplay in the radio, sunroof opened and the sound from the engine is the perfect thing to relax me and to disconnect from the problems.

This time, I went to Alisas Port.

Mountain port: Alisas

When I was going back home, I stopped to take more pics:

A pic to see the Muteki nuts:

honsonwong

Wow, good pics, thanks for sharing.
coref1

A very nice car at a very nice place, thankyou.

PS Congratulations to Fernando, another great drive last night.