Black Kizashi: Melbourne

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
CLLee

Recently upgraded my old TomTom GPS to a widescreen model (via220) with lifetime map updates.
It fits perfectly in the storage compartment.

Installation method (same as my previous smaller TomTom).

Perfect fit for an 'almost' oem look :P

This time I run the USB cable extension a bit longer for easier access.

And it tucked away nicely into the top of the GPS.

Night view... same colour scheme.

I'm very happy for $100. The new VIA models turn on/off automatically when charging from the ciggy socket is detected. So very handy and hassle free.
The lid can still be closed to keep the gps out of sight.
KuroNekko

Pretty cool set-up, but I prefer having my GPS near the windshield so it's closer to eye-level. I often use my iPhone to navigate and place my phone in front of the storage compartment so it's pretty much the same position as your set-up. However, I find it a bit dangerous to look that low in city traffic so I'm planning to buy a suction cup mount for my phone soon to mount it on the dash via my mounting plate.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

That almost looks factory fit and it's so easily hidden from thieves. :)
David
CLLee

It does take some getting use to mounting it in that location. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who's glued to the GPS when driving.

I mostly just follow the voice guidance and a quick glance will do. Been almost 3 years with old tomtom.
murcod

Yes, I used to do much the same when using my phone (and actually had it resting in the same spot.) Listen to the voice commands and a quick glance every now and then to see the upcoming route if necessary. Ironically, the Sygic phone GPS is better featured than the 2010 Suzuki OEM Kenwood GPS head unit. The Tom Tom would definitely be a lot better.
David
bootymac

That's a really cool set up. Would be a great spot for a rear view camera too! Too bad only a handful of GPS units support a rear view camera

For anyone that's wondering, the Via 220 is 119 x 85 x 19 mm
LPSISRL

It is a neat install. Looks really good. I just would not want to take my eyes off the road to look at a GPS that far down. My favorite spot is on the windshield, lower left, just above the dash. Eyes always have veiw of the road.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)