Kizashi in Singapore

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Drem

I really love that maroon on your Kiz too, nice find!

The CoE and tax in your country is crazy! You can buy 3 Kiz in the USA for the price of that CoE! Just crazy!

Cool meet! If I had a meet, I'd be the only one that showed up. I'm fairly confident that I'm the only Kiz owner within 100+ miles. there were no dealers in my state. I drove a long distance to purchase mine. It's fun having a good looking unique car, but I hate the constant barrage of "what kind of car is that?"
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
SamirD

I thought our used Kizashi was a deal, and after reading how much they are in Singapore, it's an unbelivable deal. :shock: I don't even want to know how much a Porsche is. :o

It's times like this that I'm reminded about how good we have certain things here in the US. 8-)
hotnyh

The govt argues the COE is a necessary evil otherwise Singapore would be in gridlock like other Asian metroplexes. Most of us think it's a revenue generating ploy!

Just checked. A Porsche 911 GT3 costs $673,688 without COE. The COE for this car is currently running at S$79K. So total cost is S$752688 or about US$5954809.11 at current exchange rates...

Sad but true... yet there are plenty of high end cars here so just shows how rich some people are.
SamirD

That's insane!!! :o :shock: :o :shock:

You can have a Carrera GT for that much here.

It is amazing how much money some people have. There was that Singaporian (sp?) guy about a year back or so that killed people in China with his Ferrari flying on city streets at night.
hotnyh

Er, I think you got a bit mixed up-
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 0540657976
http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/videos/s ... lls-3.html

It was a rich China guy in Singapore (we're at the equator and far far away from China) who killed a Singapore cab driver and a Japanese passenger. The Ferrari driver died too.

As for the price of cars... well yes, I agree it's insane but then real estate is even worse... sigh.
SamirD

hotnyh wrote:Er, I think you got a bit mixed up-
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 0540657976
http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/videos/s ... lls-3.html

It was a rich China guy in Singapore (we're at the equator and far far away from China) who killed a Singapore cab driver and a Japanese passenger. The Ferrari driver died too.

As for the price of cars... well yes, I agree it's insane but then real estate is even worse... sigh.
Oops! :oops: Yes, I did.
paininthenuts

hotnyh wrote:Here's my Claret Red 2011 Kizashi. Bought it used from the dealer who was using it as a management car.
The Kizashi is extremely rare here. Estimates from some owners are there are probably no more than 30 units on our roads. Most people buying a Japanese sedan here would be looking at Nissans, Toyotas and Hondas. Lots of Swifts, Vitaras and SX4s here though.

Looks great in that colour. Here are some of mine
Attachments
DSCN0084.JPG
DSCN0084.JPG (282.92 KiB) Viewed 14527 times
Kizashi for pc.JPG
Kizashi for pc.JPG (200.95 KiB) Viewed 14527 times
SteveYoung

Beautiful car, crazy price!
hotnyh

Just an update about my Kiz...

I will be selling it off soon and taking over my parents' 2007 Camry.
The Camry is extremely low mileage and it's 10 year COE will expire soon. I will buy a new COE and renew it for the road for another 10 years.
I love the Kiz though it is rattly. It drives great and looks great... but it is depreciating very hard and fast and I need to rein in the losses and the Camry is the best way I can think of. My dad was too ill in his last years to drive it so it was hardly used. The car looks and drives like new; well as far as a 9 year old car can do without detailing and a good wax job.

Oh well. I hope the Kiz finds a good owner. I'm using it as a trade in car for my mum who is getting a Merc B class.
KuroNekko

hotnyh wrote:Just an update about my Kiz...

I will be selling it off soon and taking over my parents' 2007 Camry.
The Camry is extremely low mileage and it's 10 year COE will expire soon. I will buy a new COE and renew it for the road for another 10 years.
I love the Kiz though it is rattly. It drives great and looks great... but it is depreciating very hard and fast and I need to rein in the losses and the Camry is the best way I can think of. My dad was too ill in his last years to drive it so it was hardly used. The car looks and drives like new; well as far as a 9 year old car can do without detailing and a good wax job.

Oh well. I hope the Kiz finds a good owner. I'm using it as a trade in car for my mum who is getting a Merc B class.
Ah, that's a pity as you have a very rare color Kizashi. In fact, yours is the only one I've ever seen anywhere with that wine red color. However, the finances make sense in the favor of the Camry.
I find it odd that some people have rattling issues with the Kizashi because mine is very quiet other than the occasional noise from the moonroof's wind buffer. I bought some foam tape to pad the resting areas but given the noise isn't too frequent, I repeatedly forget about it.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)