Kizashi in Singapore

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
hotnyh

Here's my Claret Red 2011 Kizashi. Bought it used from the dealer who was using it as a management car.
The Kizashi is extremely rare here. Estimates from some owners are there are probably no more than 30 units on our roads. Most people buying a Japanese sedan here would be looking at Nissans, Toyotas and Hondas. Lots of Swifts, Vitaras and SX4s here though.

honsonwong

Welcome to the Kizashi family, nice pics, I believe you will like it.
Wonson92

Dammit, I wish that colour was in aus:(
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
IshaanIan

Never been a fan of maroon but damn that kiz wears it well :D congratulations!
coref1

First Kizashi I've seen in this colour, it looks stunning. Welcome, hope you enjoy the drive.
hotnyh

This seems to be a rare colour that's available on various models. I have never seen another Kiz wearing this except on a used car ad from New Zealand. In Singapore, I have seen a couple of Vitara and a Liana in this same colour- but months go by in between sightings.
Woodie

Nice, that's beautiful. Welcome to the club.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
cocos3

Yes indeed! That is a very sophisticated colour...love it....Well done, welcome and enjoy.

Interesting that the Suzuki badge is missing from the rear.....
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav
murcod

Very nice colour. I'm sure that would have sold well in a lot of countries.
David
hotnyh

cocos3 wrote:Yes indeed! That is a very sophisticated colour...love it....Well done, welcome and enjoy.

Interesting that the Suzuki badge is missing from the rear.....
Hmm, if you are referring to the badge on the left side of the boot lid; no Kizashis in S'pore have them. Perhaps Suzuki has enough confidence in the branding here that they thought they can do without it? It's not helped sales of this model here though.

There aren't many people who would buy a 2.4L car smaller than a Camry in Singapore because the ways cars are taxed to astronomical heights. A brand new Kizashi currently costs US$124, 700! My first car was a Mercury Lynx in 84 as a college student in TX. That cost me $2000 and sold it for $500 after 3 years. The selling price wasn't even enough to buy me a Mac Plus 1Mb for my course work!

Because the car is physically only marginally bigger than a Jetta, most people here would forgo it for a car from the class below or the class above. Also, since road tax is calculated on engine capacity, there are now tons of European marques on the roads with small petrol turbos, like Jetta and even Passat 1.4 turbos. Volvo, Peugeot, Citroen, BMW, Audi are all selling cars of the same size with much smaller and more economical engines with lower running costs... but after my last car, a Peugeot 3008 1.6 Turbo sent me back to the dealership with niggling issues many many times, I decided to go for this car which was selling at an abnormally low price (since it is hard to shift) and promises Japanese reliability. The fact that it looks and goes pretty good was icing on the cake. I was looking for a used Prius but one of the same vintage was selling about US$10,000 higher...