My Red SLS debadged pic included

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
n8dogg

My first attempt at posting pics, hope this works...
I don't have many pics of the Kizashi yet, I've been busy and the car is now too filthy but I wanted to get something up on the forum. I don't have any of the rear either, it's all debadged. Windows are 25% as per state law. Hood deflector, trying to keep the paint chips to a minimum. The Kizashi replaced the VW. It was my wife's when we met. Drove it to 244,000 miles before selling it on crraigslist. I miss the manual trans, but that's about it. It was a nice car and served us well, but it was a nuisance as well, not just in its old age but pretty much from day one.
Okay, my wife just busted me for busting on her car, the VW. She equates learning how to handle marriage from our experience owning the VW. We couldn't just give up on it just because it had its fits once in a while, although at times were sure were tempted to .
Attachments
Misty day on the Washington coast...
Misty day on the Washington coast...
Kizzy at the beach.jpg (161.03 KiB) Viewed 10852 times
1999.5 VW GTI MK4
1999.5 VW GTI MK4
new vw profile.jpg (278.92 KiB) Viewed 10852 times
Last edited by n8dogg on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
Galileo

Nice picture of your Vivid Red Kizashi! I'm always surprised at how popular VWs are with the frequency, and high cost, of issues they cause their owners. Glad to hear the Golf is the reason your marriage is so strong! I hope the low drama of the reliable Kizashi doesn't seem dull in comparison.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6-Speed Manual
Vivid Red
KuroNekko

Great pics of both cars. Where can you drive on the beach? That's like one of my life goals...

Red Kizashi looks great. The Golf looked good too.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
n8dogg

A lot of Washington's coast is pretty undeveloped and accessible mostly by hiking, not a lot of coastal towns. But where those towns are and the roads meet the beach, you simply drive out! Totally legal.
As far as the experience of owning the Kizashi being "dull" compared to the VW, I enjoy driving a car more than fixing it! I do enjoy working on my own cars, but with the VW it seemed like all my free time was working on it. When I was younger that would have been cool, but now I've got a career and a family. Spending my all my weekends on the VW got old.
cocos3

Nice pic (and colour), n8dogg....
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav
Woodie

VW's are fantastic cars for about 80K miles, then you're best off passing the thousands of niggling little problems on to someone else.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
bootymac

Woodie wrote:VW's are fantastic cars for about 80K miles, then you're best off passing the thousands of niggling little problems on to someone else.
No kidding. Owning an older VW is like a part time job
n8dogg

A wash and a pic of the rear all debadged...
Attachments
Kizzy debadged 011.JPG
Kizzy debadged 011.JPG (457.14 KiB) Viewed 10763 times
IGOR K

Nothing against VW, but I would never want to be seen in a car with that color, even if it meant to call off the wedding, LOL. That is so 70's.
The Kizashi though - that is just one sharp car, looks great in vivid red, even though my favorite is black. I am also not a huge fan of debadging, for me it is like defacing beautiful painting by removing painter signature. But this is just me, I am too old anyway. Enjoy this great car!
bootymac

n8dogg wrote:A wash and a pic of the rear all debadged...
Looks clean! Inspires me to debadge mine as well. I might start with the oversized S first