Interior Showroom

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
KuroNekko

We have a lot of pictures on this site of the exteriors of the Kizashi, but not much of the interiors. I'm creating the thread as a gallery dedicated to our interiors and the customization, accessories, and products members use.

Feel free to upload photos and discuss stereo systems, speakers, LED lighting, GPS units, air fresheners, baby seats, custom pedal sets, shift knobs, gadgets, whatever.

I drive a black car with a black interior so it would be nice to see the tan interiors of Kizashis.

My additions include items such as a Japanese air freshener (scent selections are very different from American products), broad rear view mirror, silicone steering wheel cover, and an aluminum heel plate.
My heel had a tendency of quickly wearing out floor mats in my past cars. After going through both the OEM carpet mats and the OEM all weather mats in my old Mazda, I bought a full custom pedal set from Autovation including a heel plate.
I sold my Mazda with the pedals in it because they were customized for the Mazda and I also felt that metal pedals transferred more vibration and tired out my foot.
I kept the heel plate and bolted it onto my Kizashi's floor mats. The aluminum reflects the orange foot well light rather nicely.

I have a silicone steering wheel cover to protect the steering wheel's leather. The acidity of my hands seem to chew into leather as well. When my stock shift knob wears out, I will opt for an aftermarket resin or aluminum knob for greater durability (however, metal knobs are literally a pain to use in hot weather).

My pictures were taken with my iPhone so they are not that great, but it's what I have to get this thread started. Captions with the photos.
Attachments
Welcome to the KuroNekko
Welcome to the KuroNekko
013.JPG (303.81 KiB) Viewed 6192 times
Autovation custom heel plate. Machined aluminum. Made in USA.
Autovation custom heel plate. Machined aluminum. Made in USA.
003.JPG (245.68 KiB) Viewed 6192 times
USB-connected iPod Nano for audio.
USB-connected iPod Nano for audio.
004.JPG (312.56 KiB) Viewed 6192 times
Japanese air freshener (Squash scent) and a GPS mounting disc.
Japanese air freshener (Squash scent) and a GPS mounting disc.
005.JPG (297.23 KiB) Viewed 6192 times
JDM Flat mirror for larger rear viewing area.
JDM Flat mirror for larger rear viewing area.
006.JPG (251.58 KiB) Viewed 6192 times
JDM silicone steering wheel cover.
JDM silicone steering wheel cover.
007.JPG (286.29 KiB) Viewed 6192 times
40% Ceramic tints.
40% Ceramic tints.
011.JPG (225.27 KiB) Viewed 6192 times
Blind spot mirror. A must-have for me in city traffic.
Blind spot mirror. A must-have for me in city traffic.
012.JPG (265.72 KiB) Viewed 6192 times
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Drem

I like your little side mirror addons. :)

Jelly of the stick. I wanted it, but I live in an area that snows 3-6 months of the year so I went for the AWD. =/ I test drove a manual though. I liked it. The clutch was so soft, but not go-cart like either.
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
mgp123

This may be the wrong thread, but I have a question on cleaning my interior. It's black material and I do not want to cause any discolouration. However it came with some stains on the seats, they look sorta like water stains. I suppose it could be where someone ate in the car. Anyway, any suggestions on safely cleaning black material?

Thanks
KuroNekko

mgp123 wrote:This may be the wrong thread, but I have a question on cleaning my interior. It's black material and I do not want to cause any discolouration. However it came with some stains on the seats, they look sorta like water stains. I suppose it could be where someone ate in the car. Anyway, any suggestions on safely cleaning black material?

Thanks
First try a foam-type cleaner. I like the product called "Tuff Stuff". It's sold in auto parts stores as well as Wal-mart, Target, etc. Just follow the instructions but it pretty much entails spraying the stain, letting the foam do its work, and then bloating it out.

If the stains are very heavy and don't come out easily, you may want to seek a professional. Some chemical cleaners are very strong and may stain, damage, and/or stink up your car.
mgp123

Thanks Kuro, I,all try the tough stuff =)
mgp123

BTW, I like your kizashi's interior. I need to get a wheel cover as well. I was looking for something with a touch of red to match the interior dash lights, but can not find anything I feel is refined enough. I may go with something like what you have. I actually like my cvt's shift knob. The only other things I would like are accent lights and tinting. Don't really need them, just like the idea for long trips to Florida.=)
KuroNekko

I've noticed something about the Kizashi that appears to vary from car to car a little: the lighting around the gauges.

In some photos of other Kizashis, it appears blueish. On others, whitish. On mine, it's actually a bit purple. In fact, I even put in the oversized rear view mirror because it has an opaque purple border around it that matches with the gauge lighting.
SamirD

Interesting...I'm going to have to check the gauges more carefully the next time I drive the car.

I wonder if this changes with temperature? Not intentionally of course.