Kizashi in the Snow

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
kevvvinc

@johnhenrydale To turn off the esp, hold the button for less than ten seconds. That will do the trick. Just make sure you have space to play ;). BTW, where in the world is that beautiful road so I can go have some rally-esque fun with my Kizashi. What tires do you have on your car for the winter?
johnhenrydale

Here's the first video, which leads up to the one above:

[youtube][/youtube]
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32
johnhenrydale

Huh. I'm starting to wonder if I actually have the ESP installed on this car. Is it optional on the SLS ? because I don't see the button to the left of the steering wheel. I've got the AWD selection button, The Parking Sensor button, and the Fog LIght button, but the 4th button to the left is just black, not labeled and doesn't depress. Do you guys know if that's possible ? I could have sworn I felt the ESP kicking in while driving in the video above, but I don't see anywhere to disable it in my car?

Any ideas @kevvvinc or @kuronekko ?

Thanks,
JHD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
bootymac

Looks like an amazing playground! Needs more handbrake though :P
johnhenrydale

DOH ! Never mind re: ESP button. It's above the fog lights button. I was looking for a button that said "ESP" on it and missed it right in front of my face !
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
KuroNekko

johnhenrydale wrote:DOH ! Never mind re: ESP button. It's above the fog lights button. I was looking for a button that said "ESP" on it and missed it right in front of my face !
Yup, the button is of a car and a swerving tire pattern.
By the way, all Kizashis have ESP. It's standard. The button is there so you can disable it certain conditions like if you need to rock yourself out of mud or snow.
I believe new federal regulations are requiring ESP to be standard on all cars.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Moto
Site Admin

I believe you are correct.... any new vehicle after September 2011. They have to have it... It probably doesn't mean that it has to be good ESP.

Most of the cars that I have driven that have it are far worse when you loose control.
Ronzuki

yep, 2008 SX4 optional by higher model selection. 2011, standard on base.

Moto, I've tested my Kizashi's AWD/ESP system on packed snow first winter I had it to see just how far it would go before it finally gave up the ghost and I couldn't agree more with your statement. Gotta know the limits of the machine right? Hard corner, hard throttle, at approx. 40mph and it held in astonishingly well to a point, and then, pretty much w/o warning, holy cow....what a disaster it would have been if I wasn't in control of my test's where, when and how parameters. I without a doubt believe this kind of tech gives the average driver a dangerously large false sense of security and is a contributing factor to why we see such horrific wrecks w/ modern day vehicles. I wouldn't have considered any such non-sense in one of my late 60's Chevelles or Impalas. Straight line, dry ground was another story.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Speed_Racer

The engineers always have to balance the wants of the performance driver with the needs of the "average" (read: not proficient) driver when it comes to ESP.

If it jumps in too early, sport drivers and, more importantly, magazine reviewers complain which affects scores in comparison tests. But wait too long before ESP is applied and an average driver will be in over his/her head sawing at the wheel and tank-slapping beyond help.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
twoqttsdad

Hi kevvvinc,

My car makes that same sound after reving the motor. It comes up at 26 seconds in the vid.

Did your car always make that sound? Just wondering if that's a normal sound for the kiz.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT