Kizashi in the Snow

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
kevvvinc

Hey @twoqttsdad, this noise is normal. When you release your foot off the accelerator pedal after pushing hard, the cvt makes this noise. I have no idea what causes that. My partner and I both have identical ablaze red 2012 Kizashi's and the both make this noise. Since new. Completely normal. An ugly sound though.
I have owned a total of three cvt equipped vehicles and cvt transmission always seem to make interesting sounds! :lol:
masch

Hallo,
a little bit snow and an small offroad ;)

Sorry, my English is not so good, but i will do my best.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SamirD

johnhenrydale wrote:

I've password protected it (pass: kizashisnow) cuz it's hella dorky and I don't want anyone except other Kizashi nerds on this forum watching it and blowing up my Vimeo feed with snarky commentary

The video should be live soon.

Kizashi did great in the 2-3 inches that were on the roads I found in the Willamette National Forest. I REALLY felt like ESP was reining in my snow fun factor though. How do you shut that off ?

More snow this weekend, so I think I'll give it a run up on Mt Hood this time !
Thank you so much for posting this video. My wife and I saw it last night and it really gave us confidence in the Kizashi's snow capability--which is why we bought it! :drive:
SamirD

Moto wrote:Most of the cars that I have driven that have it are far worse when you loose control.
Seriously. It's like manufacturers know they have to have a system, so they rely on it rather than engineer the car to be safe without it.

I almost lost control of a brand new Acura TL Type S coming off an on ramp with stability system off. When I went back to the dealership and he asked me what I thought, I told him that I wouldn't take that $35k car if you gave it to me for free. You should have seen his face. :lol: I then proceeded to tell him how my 95 Altima handled better than the TL. :mrgreen:
SamirD

Ronzuki wrote:Moto, I've tested my Kizashi's AWD/ESP system on packed snow first winter I had it to see just how far it would go before it finally gave up the ghost and I couldn't agree more with your statement. Gotta know the limits of the machine right? Hard corner, hard throttle, at approx. 40mph and it held in astonishingly well to a point, and then, pretty much w/o warning, holy cow....what a disaster it would have been if I wasn't in control of my test's where, when and how parameters. I without a doubt believe this kind of tech gives the average driver a dangerously large false sense of security and is a contributing factor to why we see such horrific wrecks w/ modern day vehicles. I wouldn't have considered any such non-sense in one of my late 60's Chevelles or Impalas. Straight line, dry ground was another story.
This is very good information--thank you for sharing! It's really hard to know where the limit is, and knowing that it will break away like that without warning means that I will probably stay far away from it on snow. :mrgreen:
SamirD

So we drove to church this morning in the Kizashi for the first time. By the time we came out there was about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. We have stock factory tires with 27k on them, so not much tread left. :(

First turn we had to make, the car went straight instead of turning. Luckily we weren't going fast enough to hit a curb.

It seems the snow brings out all the idiots on the road here. On our way to our next destination, someone is making a u-turn and spins out a couple of car lengths ahead of us. We didn't have much grip at all as even the slightest brake pressure would activate ABS. Takeoff traction was good, but that didn't help except the almost three times someone behind us couldn't stop. One of these was a huge Dodge RAM that pass us on the right, took a right turn and also kicks the back end out and almost spins out. We almost saw a Scion xb run right into a busy intersection that we slid a slight bit in.

SNOW TIRES ASAP! Someone's going to hit our car if we can't get out of the way fast enough. I'm not looking forward to dropping my wife off to work tomorrow morning.
SamirD

I finally mounted the snow tires and now I have the car that was in the video that inspired us. 8-) It's actually fun to drive it in the snow when no one else is around.
pakizzie2015

johnhenrydale wrote:

I've password protected it (pass: kizashisnow) cuz it's hella dorky and I don't want anyone except other Kizashi nerds on this forum watching it and blowing up my Vimeo feed with snarky commentary

The video should be live soon.

Kizashi did great in the 2-3 inches that were on the roads I found in the Willamette National Forest. I REALLY felt like ESP was reining in my snow fun factor though. How do you shut that off ?

More snow this weekend, so I think I'll give it a run up on Mt Hood this time !
Not sure if you still have the car or not as this was a few years ago.. but I got to thank you for your video.
I have the 2011 GTS AWD car and was wondering how this car will drive in snow here in PA.. I had a explorer before and was very secure in driving it in the snow. but this is a completely different animal here.. I will be much better now when I have to do this since the winter now so far has been nothing yet. although I am not complaining there!. but when the time comes on the interstate I will feel so much better.
Thank you so much
kconklin33

pakizzie2015 wrote:
Not sure if you still have the car or not as this was a few years ago.. but I got to thank you for your video.
I have the 2011 GTS AWD car and was wondering how this car will drive in snow here in PA.. I had a explorer before and was very secure in driving it in the snow. but this is a completely different animal here.. I will be much better now when I have to do this since the winter now so far has been nothing yet. although I am not complaining there!. but when the time comes on the interstate I will feel so much better.
Thank you so much

As you remember, I'm from the Scranton Area and I can first hand tell you I've never had a single issue in the snow but that may be in part to the studded snows that I run in the winter. The car handles like a dream in the snow/ice and at time when I want to break her loose she won't. Given my setup now it seem nearly impossible to loose traction.
SamirD

So how did you PA guys make out in the last storm? I got bummed that we didn't get snow like that here in MKE.