How many 6 Speed GTS we got on the forum

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Mickey V

Looking for people to chat with about the 6 speed GTS...maybe tell me what kinda mods you have done
Attachments
Heres mine....its a 2011 Kizashi GTS
Heres mine....its a 2011 Kizashi GTS
IMG_20131215_151618.jpg (468.49 KiB) Viewed 12677 times
KuroNekko

I have the same car: 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS with the 6 speed manual. Color is black though.

As for performance mods, not much. It's my daily driver so reliability is of utmost importance. Not like there is much to mod anyways given the lack of parts for the car.
I do, however, have the RRM 19mm rear sway bar. It's currently uninstalled as I recently had warranty work done on the rear shocks.

I do have some mods like HIDs, LEDs, tints, and deflectors and I dig the look of the car as it currently is.

How about yours?

Here are some older photos of my GTS:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1655
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:I do, however, have the RRM 19mm rear sway bar.
Hey, what do you think of it? How's the turn-in improve with it? Have you had to do the rear strut TSB?

I really wish the strut tower brace was also available to keep the whole chassis planted. :(
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:I do, however, have the RRM 19mm rear sway bar.
Hey, what do you think of it? How's the turn-in improve with it? Have you had to do the rear strut TSB?

I really wish the strut tower brace was also available to keep the whole chassis planted. :(
The RRM rear sway bar does make a noticeable improvement. Others who got it love it more than me. I think it makes the car more edgy and a little less predictable, but it's based on what I was used to. It does allow the car to respond faster to turn-ins.
I really think it helped the non-Sport owners more than Sport owners. Sport models already have a 10mm drop in suspension and different spec shocks, not to mention lighter 18 inch wheels. All that adds to improved handling over the base models.

Yes, I've been a victim of the rear strut issue. In fact, I'm convinced it will affect all Kizashis over time. It's because of a design flaw of the rear shock bump stopper that's on ALL Kizashis regardless of trim or model year.
More on it here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 4&start=10

Lastly, RRM did offer a front strut tower brace. Not a rear one though (that would require cutting and mounting through the trunk space which most people would not want to do.)
Woodie

Here!

I live right down the street from KuroNekko and also have a GTS 6 speed. I've put on the rear sway bar and catback exhaust system, vent visors, and an Optima battery. Battery is not really a mod, just a supposedly better part.

I don't see where a rear strut tower brace would have any effect whatsoever. You'd have to cut structural steel out of the way to put it in, and its only purpose is to be added structural steel. Strut tower braces are for firming up flexible chassis', don't think that's one of our issues with the Kizashi.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:Here!

I live right down the street from KuroNekko and also have a GTS 6 speed. I've put on the rear sway bar and catback exhaust system, vent visors, and an Optima battery. Battery is not really a mod, just a supposedly better part.

I don't see where a rear strut tower brace would have any effect whatsoever. You'd have to cut structural steel out of the way to put it in, and its only purpose is to be added structural steel. Strut tower braces are for firming up flexible chassis', don't think that's one of our issues with the Kizashi.
Yup. Strut tower braces are popular among tuners because of their flashy looks under the hood, but in terms of actual performance, sway bars under the car (barely visible) make more of a difference.

I agree that the Kizashi does not really need more chassis rigidity. It was designed to be very rigid and the better-than-class-average handling of the car proves it.
I did see that RRM also sells custom under-body braces. I actually dented my OEM brace when I couldn't avoid running over some road debris. It's not bad and probably made no difference in bracing effect.
Here's the RRM unit, but I'm not sure if they even make them anymore or have them in stock.
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/in ... cts_id=672
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:The RRM rear sway bar does make a noticeable improvement. Others who got it love it more than me. I think it makes the car more edgy and a little less predictable, but it's based on what I was used to. It does allow the car to respond faster to turn-ins.
I really think it helped the non-Sport owners more than Sport owners. Sport models already have a 10mm drop in suspension and different spec shocks, not to mention lighter 18 inch wheels. All that adds to improved handling over the base models.

Yes, I've been a victim of the rear strut issue. In fact, I'm convinced it will affect all Kizashis over time. It's because of a design flaw of the rear shock bump stopper that's on ALL Kizashis regardless of trim or model year.
More on it here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 4&start=10

Lastly, RRM did offer a front strut tower brace. Not a rear one though (that would require cutting and mounting through the trunk space which most people would not want to do.)
I find there's a lot of understeer in the sport plus a lot of body roll, so I think I'd like the thicker bar. Of course, I haven't really had a chance to drive the car much at all since I rarely get above 30mph on a daily basis.

I actually remember seeing your picture of the rear strut back when I was just new to the car and looking for potential issues. Glad you got it fixed even if the dealership experience was a B. I hope our experience will be better. I think I've heard creaking from the passenger rear, but I haven't had a chance to get under the car yet.

Yep, it was the front brace I was referring to. And while they show no stock, it seems like they'll make a one-off if you request it based on their product description. I don't see the need for a rear bar as the chassis support beam would probably do the same job.
KuroNekko wrote:
Woodie wrote:Here!

Yup. Strut tower braces are popular among tuners because of their flashy looks under the hood, but in terms of actual performance, sway bars under the car (barely visible) make more of a difference.

I agree that the Kizashi does not really need more chassis rigidity. It was designed to be very rigid and the better-than-class-average handling of the car proves it.
I did see that RRM also sells custom under-body braces. I actually dented my OEM brace when I couldn't avoid running over some road debris. It's not bad and probably made no difference in bracing effect.
Here's the RRM unit, but I'm not sure if they even make them anymore or have them in stock.
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/in ... cts_id=672
Hey Woodie, every mod is just a better part. ;) I don't think a rear bar would be necessary as most cars with a factory rear sway bar have to be strong back there.

The one thing that I have noticed though is that over time, having braces prevents the factory welds from hairline stress fractures. Case in point was my and my brother's twin 95 Altimas. Same car, just 100 apart. His lived in California and remained bone stock. Mine was stock until about 2000 or so, then I added lots of bracing and mods. When he gave me his car a few years back since he didn't need it anymore, it had a lot more creaks in the rear welds than mine did. Mine was actually quite 'planted', while his had a lot of chassis flex.

If someone is planning to keep the Kizashi forever, I'd load up on the rear bar, front brace, brake lines, and chassis brace. It would be $800 well spent. 8-) (If I can get my wife bit with the modding bug, maybe she'll let us do it. :lol:)
KuroNekko

I just want to add that there are two braces under the car. One before the mid-muffler and one after.
RRM does not specify which brace their product replaces or if it fits both locations.
My guess is that it's for the front.

Here's what I'm talking about (this is a stock Kizashi underside):
SamirD

Where in the heck did you find that picture!?! It's awesome! You can see the propeller shaft, cat, undercovers and everything you normally can't except on a lift. 8-)
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:Where in the heck did you find that picture!?! It's awesome! You can see the propeller shaft, cat, undercovers and everything you normally can't except on a lift. 8-)
Oh, this was from a Google search. It's of a Kizashi on its side from some auto show. Suzuki had this display to show the underside of the car and its features.
Here are some more photos of it.