Chrome wrapped Kizashi

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
SamirD wrote: And am I wrong for liking Bieber's Fisker? :oops:
Depends. The Fisker itself is questionable. Chromed out is a styling atrocity. Owned by Justin Bieber is a crime against humanity. Which part do you like?

I would be happy if we banned Justin Bieber and Nickelback and got better Canadian music imports instead. My nominations are City and Colour (and the late Alexisonfire) and The Birthday Massacre.
I like the car. The chrome isn't my style, but I respect the creativity. 8-)

There's an Audi in Dubai or somewhere in the oil states that's chromed too.

But this isn't a new trend--anyone remember the 24k gold DeLorean?
The DeLorean was an epic fail much like the Fisker Karma. "Back to the Future" is about the only reason people know of it.
The Karma, Kizashi, and DeLorean. Why is it that the failed cars get these hideous paint treatments? Insult to injury.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Chrome cars makes me giddy like whenever I got a new Hot Wheels for being a good boy

SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:The DeLorean was an epic fail much like the Fisker Karma. "Back to the Future" is about the only reason people know of it.
The Karma, Kizashi, and DeLorean. Why is it that the failed cars get these hideous paint treatments? Insult to injury.
I don't consider the Delorean a failure, but another Tucker repeat. Alot of the same ideas being pushed on the industry 10 years before they were ready--abs, air bags, etc.

A Delorean has a unique style that was function over form 1980s style. It's nice to see a lot of them are still running strong without any issues with rust.

The 24k Delorean I was referring to was part of an American Express promotion. There were I believe two of these cars made, where one is at American Expresses headquarters with zero miles.
SamirD

bootymac wrote:...whenever I got a new Hot Wheels for being a good boy
I just got giddy when I got new Matchbox or Hot Wheels!
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:The DeLorean was an epic fail much like the Fisker Karma. "Back to the Future" is about the only reason people know of it.
I don't consider the Delorean a failure, but another Tucker repeat. Alot of the same ideas being pushed on the industry 10 years before they were ready--abs, air bags, etc.

A Delorean has a unique style that was function over form 1980s style. It's nice to see a lot of them are still running strong without any issues with rust.

The 24k Delorean I was referring to was part of an American Express promotion. There were I believe two of these cars made, where one is at American Expresses headquarters with zero miles.
The DeLorean was under-powered and slow for its price and class. The management was also a disaster and John DeLorean himself was busted for cocaine. DeLoreans don't rust because of their stainless steel body, but it wasn't exactly a great material for a car body. Damage couldn't be fixed easily and DeLorean's approach was to replace panels instead of mending them. Hence, stainless steel never caught on as a car body material for how hard it is to work with once damaged.

The Tucker was killed by conspiring outsiders because they realized it was better than their products.
The DeLorean was killed from within from rather poor business management and an underwhelming design.
That's my take on these two cars.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
~tc~

I used to work for Allegheny-Ludlum and they had a whole fleet of stainless bodied cars they had made to try and get it used by automakers. The issues with repair are largely due to the Delorean being unpainted - not because it's stainless.

They 67 Lincoln was the coolest IMHO
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:
SamirD wrote:

The DeLorean was under-powered and slow for its price and class. The management was also a disaster and John DeLorean himself was busted for cocaine. DeLoreans don't rust because of their stainless steel body, but it wasn't exactly a great material for a car body. Damage couldn't be fixed easily and DeLorean's approach was to replace panels instead of mending them. Hence, stainless steel never caught on as a car body material for how hard it is to work with once damaged.

The Tucker was killed by conspiring outsiders because they realized it was better than their products.
The DeLorean was killed from within from rather poor business management and an underwhelming design.
That's my take on these two cars.
A lot of the 'facts' surround the Delorean also glean a buried version of the Tucker story. The big three learned their lessons with Tucker and Mr. Delorean's company was destroyed more methodically. Why else would the production equipment be sunk to the bottom of the ocean? (as in one example of the lengths gone to).

If it was such a bad car, there wouldn't be so many still around. Besides the 1984 Accord, I don't see any other marque from that era out and about regularly without complete restoration.