First Mini-Meet of the season this weekend!

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Kiz224

Thanks sx4rocious. Keep me posted.
sx4rocious

So this is what I posted in the SX4 forums. I would LOVE to have a good turnout, so please consider coming if at all possible. Also, it appears that meeting in Terre Haute is probably the option that works best for everyone. Please feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions!!
MAY 24th, 2014

So this is the date. I have two options so far for the whens and wheres...

Option #1: Lake Shelbyville in Shelbyville Illinois.

http://lakeshelbyville.com/

For the start of the meet, this area would provide a couple really nice larger parking lots and picinic shelters to meet up and check out each others cars and get to know one another. There is a beautiful scenic view of the lake with a rather nice beach if you and your family would fancy a swim, or if you own a boat or personal (Suzuki ) watercraft, there is now horsepower limit. The beach area is clean and family freindly with playgrounds and grills and such for the picinic part. There is also a rather nice shower house with PRIVATE showers to change after the swim for the next portion of the meet. There is a dam at one end of the lake with a road to drive over it that would provide some awesome photo oportunities as well. Given this is Memorial Day weekend, there will be activities around the lake also.

OR

Option #2: Thompson Motorsports in Terre Haute Indiana (Suzuki motorcycle shop)

http://www.thompsonsmotorsports.com/index.htm

I know they don't really cater to the Suzuki automotive crowd, but they do have a pretty good supply of Suzuki swag to add to our collections and the store itself is pretty nice. It's also very easy find and it's surrounded by a decent mall and just about every type of restaurant you can think of. It has easy interstate access and a HUGE parking area for the aformentioned greetings. Another good reason is that it sits directly in front of: http://www.crossroadsdragway.com/Cro...gway/Home.html and traditionaly has some pretty good racing that weekend. If you come up the night before (Friday), for like $20, you can purchase unlimited times runs on the 1/8th mile if you wish. This area is also very close to about 5 or 6 rather nice hotels if you wish to make a weekend of it.

And lastly, I tried to come up with a fun and reasonably inexspensive way to end the night. After a scenic cruise of about 45 miles, I thought maybe we would all end up here: http://www.earlann.net/fairviewdrivein.html at an original 50's and 60's drive in movie theater. The admission last year was $6 a person, or $20 for a car for a first-run double feature. All the sound for the movies is actually broadcast through FM frequencies that you play through your car stereo. Some of us would have better sound this way than if we went to an Imax! I go to this place several times every summer. I know the family that owns it (it's a very mom-and-pop type place) and I have never really had this much fun for such a low cost. We may have to get there early as it is usually rather busy, but they allow you to bring a grill and outdoor sports equipment (first ever Suzuki cornhole tournament anyone?) for a nice and relaxing time. Please beware though, that they start the movie after dusk (about 9:30 EST) so sometimes it runs until VERY early the next morning. If you drive some distance to attend the meet (and I hope you do) it might be a good idea to leave after the first movie, or plan on staying the night nearby.

So this is what I'm looking into so far. I'm doing my best to try and add something for everyone, make it family-friendly, and lastly, inexpensive. I would love your ideas and thoughts on this before I start calling around and scheduling things. Plus, I couldn't decide which place to meet, so I need everyone's input!

And one last question... I've been approached about making this a non-specific SUZUKI meet by some people in other forums. Does anyone have any objections to this? I'm thinking Kizashi, Gran Vitara, and Samurai as well as a couple of the two wheeled guys just to try and add to the attendance.

Let me know what you all think!! Yes, that is, in fact, a Squirrel driving a Ferrari...
BxKizashiS

Nice!! i would love to go to the next. Keep me/us posted for when... Tho im in New York City i wouldnt mind taking the ride
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
SamirD

All I can say is... :o :shock:

You weren't lying about your wife. :shock: And she knows how to pose too! Awesome. 8-)

I love the idea of a drive-in movie and a midwest meet. I don't know if my schedule would permit it, but I'd be even willing to do a tech session showing how to do the TPMS relearn yourself. 8-)
sx4rocious

That would be awesome!!

And yes, my wife has some modeling expirience. At one time, we actually owned a modeling agency after her "retirement" when we started having kids. She still looks amazing for carrying 2 babies! We represented 13 models, but there was no money in it at all...
SamirD

sx4rocious wrote:That would be awesome!!

And yes, my wife has some modeling expirience. At one time, we actually owned a modeling agency after her "retirement" when we started having kids. She still looks amazing for carrying 2 babies! We represented 13 models, but there was no money in it at all...
I forgot you had kids too! :shock:

There's not much money in modeling anymore after the 'net model' and the boucoup of free photos on the Internet to rip off for commercial work. Even Krogers was guilty of stealing baby photos off facebook for coupons. Shameless. :evil:
RECMAN0917

Any meets on East Coast for spring, Live in Pa. H :drive: ave a 2010 SLS with a few interior and exterior mods
SamirD

Hey, any more updates on this meet?
sx4rocious

Not at the moment. I've been working everyday for the last 15 or so, so I haven't really had much time. I'm going to make a few calls this week and post some results. Sorry guys! I'll have some new news soon!
SamirD

Definitely keep me in the loop. I'd love a road trip and would love to meet other Kizashi owners. 8-)